does anyone make a 5 string baritone?

iamesperambient

Reaction score
Just curious didn't know these existed until a member told me about 2 weeks ago there is a 5 string tenor with both a high and low g, just curious if anyone makes the same for baritone but with high and low d string?

I don't know about 5 string baritones, but Rob at Kalamazoo Guitar Works has been making 6 string baritones (and is getting me one for string R&D) with an octaved E and G.

I just received my custom order 5 string Boat Paddle D style baritone Narra b/s, cedar top. Really like the way it sounds and looks! Check out the web site.

P.S.- I just checked Boat Paddle web site and they currently list 5 string baritone for sale ($1250).

I ordered a custom that sadly had to be returned for other reasons but it was a 5 string. Thought you might like to know that they are usually strung with the high g first then the low g, c, e, a. I didn't realize this and had idea's about being able to play the uke as just a high g at times and put in the low g when I wanted. Muting the the top string (which I thought would be low g) with my thumb. Using this uke for a lot of fingerpicking. I don't know if there is a reason why it is done this way but the next time I order a 5 string I'll know to ask to have the low on the top :)

I ordered a custom that sadly had to be returned for other reasons but it was a 5 string. Thought you might like to know that they are usually strung with the high g first then the low g, c, e, a. I didn't realize this and had idea's about being able to play the uke as just a high g at times and put in the low g when I wanted. Muting the the top string (which I thought would be low g) with my thumb. Using this uke for a lot of fingerpicking. I don't know if there is a reason why it is done this way but the next time I order a 5 string I'll know to ask to have the low on the top :)
One great feature of Boat Paddle Ukuleles is that the pin bridge allows you to put any size strings anywhere you want!

Top Bottom