ChordGenie RIP?

MrToastey

Reaction score
Hi ukulele friends:

Does anyone else lament the apparent death of the ChordGenie app? I'm just looking for solace here, as I cry softly into my ukulele case..

It was my absolute favorite for finding chords and alternate fingerings, for using as a tuner, etc. etc. It's the only app I've ever seen just cease to exist in the iTunes Store, as well as the links to download the java code for any PC use. (and to add insult to injury, that void seems to have reset my "Pro" purchase back to Demo nagware mode, a lonely tunnel leading nowhere).

I can't seem to find any back story. I've emailed the developers at www.chordgenie.com (which redirects straight to the contact form, you'll notice) but haven't gotten any kind of reply. I even offered to buy the code, LOL.

Just curious if anybody else love love loved this app as I did, and if so, what you prefer. I've got the iPhone apps UkeChords (probably the next best thing) and ChordKumu, but I miss ChordGenie.

Maybe I'll assuage some of my grief by playing ukulele....

Mick
Lex, KY USA

Never tried that one but GuitarToolkit is probably a worthy replacement

thanks, Jim and Spaceman for the suggestions! After digging into UkeChords a bit, it's depth definitely rivals the deceased ChordGenie, even if the UI is a bit fanciful. I'll try out your suggestions, too!

Is this the same mystical force that removes one sock from every load of whites?

Look at Chords4Ukes

I use UChord on my iPad. It has a "reverse" function where you touch the fretboard to make the chord pattern and it shows you a list of chord names.

I use UChord on my iPad. It has a "reverse" function where you touch the fretboard to make the chord pattern and it shows you a list of chord names.

thanks, I'll check that one, too… Hey, how I make a cool sig line with illustrations of my ukes? :) Did you just cabbage that together manually, or is there some cool little web app that does it?

Top Bottom