Instrument stores in Lisbon, Portugal?

Not sure about instrument stores, but definitely do yourself a favor and go to Alfama (sp?) and hear some fado music!

Not sure about instrument stores, but definitely do yourself a favor and go to Alfama (sp?) and hear some fado music!
Was in the area last night. Some bone-chilling stuff to hear. Just amazing. We stay in apartment in that very part of town.

Salao Musical - great for traditional Portuguese instruments. They've got two shops, one in the upper part of the town (reached by the elevator) and another outside the old town (on the old tram route though) with a greater selection of guitars, etc (+ trad instruments). I have a Bandolim by them that's just lovely - the best Mandolin sound in my collection. (Also have a Cavaquinho and a Viola Braguesa from them and I have owned a Portuguese Guitar of theirs. I didn't get on with it, but it wasn't the instrument's fault ;) )

Happy hunting. I envy you. I love Lisboa!

Two other ones, less into traditional musical instruments though. More chance of finding a ukulele than a machete!

- Lismúsica, at Morada Rua Jose Falcão, 8-A, www.lismusica.pt- Mr Jack Guitars, at Rua Sousa Loureiro, nº 16 Loja 2, www.mrjackguitars.com

They are not the prettiest shops, basically in the bottom of apartment blocks, but the good news is that they are a mere walking distance from each other, on both sides of the Benfica Lisbon soccer stadium. Both a good 30m walk from the city center.

In the same guitars-drums-synths league, but more down-town, is Maestro:
- Maestro, Av.Berna 52-A, www.omaestro.pt

More traditional fretted instruments can be found at a shop called 'the tuning fork'
- Diapasao, in Av. João XXI,45A, no website

Top Bottom