[WTB] Budget 8-string ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.

riceking

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been a lurker for quite a while and decided to pick up an 8-string tenor. Preferably around $100 or under shipped to California. If anyone has a used or refurbished one that would be great.

Cheers,
Eric

Eric -

It's not quite $100, but it's not much more. I have an Oscar Schmidt OU28T 8-string tenor that I got on sale from Best Buy (of all places!) last summer for around $120 new. I like it a lot - even sold my used 8-string Pono (for a lot more). Barablanca also has one and likes it too. Look around on the Web - I thought I saw one for $160. My only complaint is that I need to adjust the tuning every month or so, but it sounds pretty good.

my Lanikai LU8 was cheap, and sounds great. the laminate top is very thin, so that baby is loud. Butthey are more than $100, you are going to probably have to spend more than 100 to get a decent 8

Ahh yes, the OU28T is currently my first pick. Was wondering if there were any better ones used that perhaps people wanted to get rid of. Does anyone have a string recommendation for the OU28T? I've also come across a thread talking about low frets on this model. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom