2 real quick pickup install questions.

pektel

Reaction score
Hey guys. Just two quick questions. I'm changing strings, and have a couple questions about how I installed my MiSi pickup.

1. Does orientation of the piezo matter? Or should I string it through at the G and back in at the A, or vice versa?

2. The endpin jack requires a good effort to plug a cable into. Should I mess around with the adjustment nut inside, or is this just how they're supposed to be?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Orientation doesn't matter. Just make sure that the active flat part of the ribbon is under the strings. So a little bit of the end is usually pushed back through a hole drilled at the opposite end. Sounds like from your question you have that part sorted.

Yes, they can be a tight fit for a plug.

Thanks! For some reason I was second-guessing myself.

Orientation doesn't matter. Just make sure that the active flat part of the ribbon is under the strings. So a little bit of the end is usually pushed back through a hole drilled at the opposite end. Sounds like from your question you have that part sorted.

Yes, they can be a tight fit for a plug.

:agree:

I can confirm the above. I have installed the Mi-Si acoustic trio in 3 of my instruments now (2 ukes & 1 Yamaha Guitalele).

The 1/4" jack always seemed pretty tight to me too, which is better than it being too loose... :)

-Booli

Top Bottom