Anyone know where to get a setup?

gotrice415510

Reaction score
I need to get a my uke a new setup. The C string buzzes and sometimes other strings buzz and i think i need to just get a new setup. However i do not have any dedicated uke shops really nearby. I live in San Rafael, CA in the bay area.

I was thinking maybe a luthiers shop? idk?

no. not yet... but i only have commercial guitar shops around me, and im not sure if they have those services.

Taking it to a shop might turn out to be kind of expensive.Before spending money on that,I'd take the opportunity to mess with it yourself.Buy a new set of strings,maybe a nut and then read up on it.Sometimes it can be an easy fix.Even if you can't work it out,you'll be a little more intimate with your instrument.

well it started when i changed the strings from a wound C GHS set to an Aquila set. The C string buzzez on frets 1-4. I posted a thread about the buzz not too long ago. I raised the action but it still buzzes, just a bit less though.

thats why im thinking it may just have a crappy set up. All i kno is that its no the nut or saddle its the frets.

if u dont mind the drive to san jose. u can go to guitar showcase. ask for kelly i go to him for everything u can give him a call first so u dont drive down for nothing (408)3775864

Top Bottom