Do they Still make Harp Ukuleles?

I have been interested in buying a harp ukulele (link below) but can't really find any without them being outrageously expensive. Any thoughts?

http://www.theukulelesite.com/anuenue-harp-ukulele-iii-e.html

Outrageously expensive? If you think the uke you have shown is expensive, then don't even think about contacting a luthier. The reason that harp ukes are not common is because there isn't a big market for it, other wise, the cheap import market would be offering it. A vintage harp uke would probably cost you $3000 and up, if you could even find one. I have built several and they are somewhat labor intensive, which means more $$$$.

Thanks for the response, but I should have been more clear. I was taking about aNueNue harp ukulele exclusively. I heard Sungha Jung and The Ukulele Hunt guy play it and I fell in love.

Not sure if you meant the ones you can find are expensive. If you think about the materials and labor, and how limited the market is, I'm surprised they even exist. And I'd venture to say the few that exist didn't make money for anybody. Nevertheless, Dixie Ukuleles has a tenor harp uke in stock. It's from the original batch with very little play. Link here.

Good luck in your search, Eddie

Top Bottom