FT (UK) Pono MC (mahogany concert) for soprano

mr79

Reaction score
I recently got hold of a tenor that I'm making myself use as my 'one' learning uke, and my better than new Pono mahogany concert is going to waste.
I'm looking to get hold of a soprano as I miss the size (and the concert is pretty close to the tenor so would prefer to bracket sizes!).

Is there by any chance anyone out there in the UK who's bought a soprano and wish they'd got the concert who wants to do a straight swap? (preferably Pono - either the acacia or mahogany model, but I will consider other makes of a similar quality).

It's a 2014 model, the satin version. I wasn't happy with the 'set up' the store supposedly did when it arrived, so had a local luthier make me a new compensated bone saddle and nut, with the nut slots cut specifically for Living Water or Worth gauge strings (it's fitted with a new set of Living Water strings). I also had a strap button fitted too. I was going to do all this myself, but chickened out and paid someone else to do it!

I've had it about two months, and haven't played on it more than ten minutes as the tenor (and my kids Mahalo - which is why I want my own decent soprano!) take all my time.

I'm at work at the minute, but I'll post up pics when I get home.

Top Bottom