Did anyone else play Ukulele Cabaret -Chicago?

I keep meaning to get out there, and I keep forgetting. Do you know when the next one is?

What to play, what to play...?

Haha, better claim my songs early:rolleyes:

I'm working on:

Monkey Song from the movie The Junglebook
The Stooges - Now I Wanna Be Your Dog
and I thought of a third song and then forgot it. :eek:
(Remembered! Simon And Garfunkel - at the zoo, if I can sing it.)

My mom was recommending "Lion sleeps Tonight" or a medley of nursery songs.

Last edited:
Haha, better claim my songs early:rolleyes:

LOL! Don't worry - I won't go stealing any from you! In fact, my very first thought was that I wanted to do Nine Inch Nail's "I Wanna f*** you like an animal"...but then I remembered I want the Chicago uke community to like me! :D

So now I'm thinking some Rubber Ducky instead...

Actually I think Closer on ukulele could be amazing as a straight cover or if you jazzed it up "Puttin On The Ritz" style...

Actually I think Closer on ukulele could be amazing as a straight cover or if you jazzed it up "Puttin On The Ritz" style...

DEFINITELY! :) I was thinking about having a little car horn that I would step on every time I had to swear too - I think it would make it funny! :D You've given me my inspiration back :shaka:

I was thinking about having a little car horn that I would step on every time I had to swear too

Actually, I have one of those taxi style horns that Harpo Marx uses in a lot of the Marx Brothers movies....

If you decide to do it and need a live honker on stage I could share the shame/blame. :D

I think that would be so cute!

Actually, I have one of those taxi style horns that Harpo Marx uses in a lot of the Marx Brothers movies....

If you decide to do it and need a live honker on stage I could share the shame/blame. :D

I think that would be so cute!

Oh my GOD! Yessss!!! How funny, that's all you would be up there for, is to do the horn...Oh man, that's BRILLIANT! Ok - it's totally on...now I CAN'T WAIT!!! :)

oh...and I laughed when I read "honker"...I promise I'm not 14... :)

Top Bottom