My New Opio

Torch

Reaction score
Today, I finally receive the Opio I ordered from HMS on 4 July. It was well worth the wait. To date it is my best Ukulele. Attached is a picture of it with my other stringed instruments (I left the double bass out of the picture because it would make the other instruments look too small!).

2014-07-15 16.06.09.jpg

Attachments

• 2014-07-15160609_zps4263bd4a.jpg
    2014-07-15160609_zps4263bd4a.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
I love the sound it's just that the opio finish just looks a little dull, DownUpDave got his Opio and polished it or something, boy it ever looks good now!

Very nice grouping you have there! Enjoy that Opio!

I love the sound it's just that the opio finish just looks a little dull, DownUpDave got his Opio and polished it or something, boy it ever looks good now!

Thanks for the thumbs up Bill. I love the sound and playability of my Opio concert, bought mine from HMS as well. I know KevinV has the soprano and he loves it as much as his other KoAloha soprano KSM Pikate.

Enjoy the new addition to your flock.

Last edited:
Very nice and congrats! I'm looking at getting an Opio too but a soprano. Still early in my search but I'm deciding between that and Pono MS.

Enjoy!!

Give the finish a little time. Soon it will begin to "show the love" as it polishes under your strumming arm. Shows you play, not just keep ukuleles.

Torch,

Now that you've had a couple of weeks with your Opio, what do you think?

Give the finish a little time. Soon it will begin to "show the love" as it polishes under your strumming arm. Shows you play, not just keep ukuleles.

I've had my Opio soprano for a few months now and the neck is high gloss as well as some spots on the body. The only dull matte remaining is under the strings and on the headstock. I've always enjoyed seeing the slow process of the finish change as an instrument wears from play.

Are the tuners on the Opio the same as the ones on the regular Koalohas?

Are they ever going to make a Tenor Opio? I've seen the soprano and concert but would buy a tenor? Just curious!

Are they ever going to make a Tenor Opio? I've seen the soprano and concert but would buy a tenor? Just curious!

I have asked Andrew from HMS that same question twice. Why twice, because I didn't like the first answer............which was no he did not think so. Second amswer was if they did he would let me know, not much better than the first answer LOL

Congratulations! What a creative, interesting way to photo your babies!

I have asked Andrew from HMS that same question twice. Why twice, because I didn't like the first answer............which was no he did not think so. Second amswer was if they did he would let me know, not much better than the first answer LOL

Ya, I didn't like that answer either but I just relay what I'm told. However…I was super happy to get the news today that they have started the molds for Opio tenors. We may even have some by the years end.

Ya, I didn't like that answer either but I just relay what I'm told. However…I was super happy to get the news today that they have started the molds for Opio tenors. We may even have some by the years end.

Really, really, oh my:) Dave is a happy boy. We need to let "Icelander" know as he was asking about mahogany tenor, he likes a mellow tone.

Thanks again for frequenting the boards and keeping us updated of stuff like this, it is appreciated.

Excellent..... thanks for that bit of new Andrew. We will wait with anticipation.

Top Bottom