Who Can Recommend A Good Online String and Accessory Seller?

VegasGeorge

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation for an online seller of Ukulele strings, bags, tuners, etc? I already know about the big online music stores, but I thought maybe there'd be an honest and reliable specialty seller out there with a bigger selection of just for Ukulele stuff.

Thanks!

Amazon if it's Prime and you have Prime... elderly is good if you order enough to qualify for free shipping ($50+)

I also recommend Elderly. Even if you do have to pay shipping they still tend to come out cheaper than the big box stores. And they are great people over there.

Dan

P.S. I usually wait until I need to order $50 worth of stuff to get the free shipping. They sometimes run sales where they will ship if you spend $30.

My thumbs up for Strings by Mail and Strings and Beyond also.

I use Strings By Mail if they have what I need. They ship super fast. Elderly is my second option - more single string options. I also get complete uke strings sets from Amazon if they have them Prime. I haven't used HMS for strings yet but they offer some products no one else has, so I will place an order with them soon. They are great to work with.

Ken Middleton's Living Water Strings. He's a member here. He's in the UK but his international postage rates are very reasonable.

My thumbs up for Strings by Mail and Strings and Beyond also.

From all of those vendors listed so far, I have found that Strings and Beyond ships the fastest, and if your order is over $35, it ships free. But they do NOT have all the varieties of Worths strings, but if you are looking for something else, more mainstream, they probably will have it.

Ken Middleton's Living Water Strings. He's a member here. He's in the UK but his international postage rates are very reasonable.

About 1 month ago or so, Uke Republic started to carry the Living Water strings, and it may be cheaper if you are in the USA to buy from Uke Republic than to buy from Ken's site and the cost of international shipping.

see here: http://cargo.ukerepublic.com/product/living-water-ukulele-fluorocarbon-strings

I have made several transactions from Uke Republic, (both ukes and strings) over the past year, and usually receive the items within 3 days.

Last edited:
www.stringsbymail.com lower shipping more uke strings

www.juststrings.com prices lower, higher shipping than SBM.

I put my order in a spreadsheet from each using their shipping and prices and go with the cheapest. Usually SBM is cheaper on small orders and JS is cheaper on large orders. Both have great customer service. JS send me a couple bucks worth of free guitar pics on my big orders.

Wow! Thanks for all the information. I'm familiar with Elderly, having bought (something?) from them years ago. But the rest of your suggestions are new to me. I will look at them all before deciding. I need to restring all my instruments except for one soprano. I found I still had a set for it. But I'll be ordering strings for all of them, plus back up sets. So, the information will be put to good use right away! Oh, and keep the suggestions coming if there are more. I'll be checking back to this thread. Thanks again!!!

I've pretty much narrowed down my strings to Southcoast and PhD for the ukes I own. I order direct from both companies and have been very happy with both.

Here's the link for Jason at Ukulele Creations for the PhD's: http://ukulelecreations.com/Home.html

Ditto on the Elderly strings if you can order enough to get the free shipping. They beat everybody on some strings. I ordered 10 sets of Aquilas for my uke class and gave $4.50 a set with free shipping.

I'm sure Ken has great strings, but if your paying with US funds, 17 dollars for a set of strings delivered is not a good deal. (in my opinion) Then again, maybe the OP is in the UK.!

The exchange rate is currently 1.71

I second HMS, Elderly, and Strings by Mail and even ebay.

Last edited:
Just got my first order from them yesterday. Asked them a question, they responded promptly. Did a search for coupons not expecting to find one, but did find one for 5% off which worked like a charm. They shipped the same day and included a sticker, a refrigerator magnet and several picks, and there was a hand written thank you note on the receipt.

From all of those vendors listed so far, I have found that Strings and Beyond ships the fastest, and if your order is over $35, it ships free. But they do NOT have all the varieties of Worths strings, but if you are looking for something else, more mainstream, they probably will have it.
I was a bit relieved not to have to try to figure out all the Worth varieties. When I used to order Worths from MGM, there were basically high or low G in two sizes (soprano/concert and tenor), clears or browns.

So I ordered high and low G tenor browns and a set of Hannabachs. I used to love Hannabachs on CG so wanted to try their uke strings and hadn't seen them elsewhere online yet.

I would definitely recommend them. :)

Top Bottom