Congrats to Rick Turner's 50 years in luthiery

Gillian

Reaction score
Hear, hear!

Wow, nice videos and beautiful instruments. Congratulations indeed! :shaka:

congrats certainly a very innovative
guy in terms of creating unique ukuleles.

Thanks, Gillian!

The funny thing is that I did my first major restoration job on a Fairbanks and Cole open backed five string banjo in 1959 and took it off to boarding school with me...along with Pete Seeger's "How to Play the Five String Banjo" book and 10" LP. I apprenticed in lutherie "officially" in 1963 as a Boston University drop-out, so maybe it's 55 years, not 50. Or it's 51 years... Anyway, it's been a "Long Strange Trip", as my pals used to sing. And I seem to be good (according to my doc) for another 10 or 15. No major retirement in sight 'til I keel over in the spray booth.

Congrats Rick! Thanks for your efforts and sharing your amazing stories with us!

Wow, I can't even imagine working for 50 yrs let alone in the same industry. Truly amazing!!

Congratulations!

Best wishes for more successes and milestones (from me and a few of your creations).

attachment.php

attachment.php

I remember when I first met Rick at Namm and he was all smiles like he usually is.
My dad told me right after, 'I really respect Rick, ya know he's been doin this for longer than about anyone in this room.'

Tip of the hat. I'm sure you have much more to give.

Congrats....one of my great memories was meeting with you and hanging out with you at your shop,it was a pleasure......still loving my Koa CR.....

wishing you many more years to come....
Aloha brother!

Congrats and thanks Rick. I've had a lot of ukes come and go, but my 2010 Compass Rose flamed cherry has always been and will be a keeper. Wishing you many, many more years of making music and great instruments.

Very beautiful instruments. I haven't owned a Compass Rose but that is one of those "yets".
Congratulations on being in the middle of a great career.

Congratulations Rick. It is a rare human being who is considered not only a legend in his field but also has done so much to bring happiness and joy to people. What Rick doesn't get enough credit for beyond his obvious contributions in luthiery is his passion and desire to educate. Yes, maybe sometimes he gets a little prickly, but it's only because he cares when others would just not bother. Thanks for everything Rick. You're truly one of a kind.

Congrats Rick on a stellar career . . .

Congratulations, Rick, on your accomplishments and on your continuing dedication to your craft. Inspirational.

The thing is, I feel like I'm just getting started in many ways!
And there's not a day that goes by that I don't learn something and wish for more time to do research and design work.

Rick, I can't thank you enough for your uke building class at the Crucible. I just completed my #14 from-scratch build, it's safe to say I'm hooked.

Congrats Rick. I have so many good memories working with you in the shop. You always had time for my questions, showed endless amounts of patience, and put your trust in me as a luthier....for that I am forever grateful! As a "student" of yours, I hope to make you proud. Thank you for everything!

Top Bottom