Online Wood Source

I looked at Cooks and they have some Mahogany sets listed on their site but just the back and sides. In the Uke section they do not have soundboards listed. Seems you have to call and order them by phone, very helpfull and they called back. The Hana Lima Ia store was very helpfull also. Just looking for more options

You may want to try Hibdon Hardwoods in St Louis. Hibdonhardwood.com. I've never bought from them over the internet, but have gotten some real nice mahogany from their store. They were very helpful when I was there.

Ditto for Hibdon...great supplier. LMI is good too...Lmii.com but mostly guitar size. I've also bought from curlykoa.com and volcano tone woods before with good results

I got some African Blackwood from Hibdon....great set and great customer service....they know their woods....
if you are looking for some nice Cocobolo they have some nice uke sets....and if you don't see exactly what you like give them a call and they can show you others sets too

Northwest Timber for the best Quilted Maple (and curly). Nice stock of Myrtlewood as well. Port Orford Cedar looks good, although I haven't order any of that.

I get my Spruce Billets from Bruce Harvie at Orcas Island, and Spanish Cedar from Goosebay (gotta call them for 12/4 flatsawn).

Sounds great, would like to check them out. Could you be a little more specific as in the locations or websites? Northwest timber for instance throws up so many hits on google..

Last edited:
Received my wood from Hawaiian Hardwoods, http://www.curlykoa.com/ , yesterday and the Mahogany is nice. Thick enough to work with and a good price. The only thing was after a week I had no tracking info and I sent them an email. Later that day it had shipped and was here 4 days so all in all good experience. Looking forward to trying another online source listed by you guys.

You guys in the US are so fortunate. I find in the UK we do have lots of woods but the variety and prices you can get are mouthwatering. Yes we can get the woods shipped over or buy from a minority of suppliers here, but the price reflects this.

I finished my 3rd Uke with the wood from curlykoa.com and liked it so much I ordered another set. When the wood arrived the top and sides matched up great but the sides looked a little off. Color and grain seemed off to me. I shot them an email asking if I could order another set of sides only and explained the issue I was having and that I could send them back for a trade or purchase the new ones. They responded very quickly and offered to ship me another set of sides for free no charge and keep the first ones for practice or whatever! The sides arrived yesterday and matched up very nicely. They did not ask for pics but I offered, did not want them back and were very helpful and friendly. Great experience with them I will be getting more in the future. Going to check out Hibdon also. Just wanted to share a positive experience, you never know what your going to get when purchasing online good or bad.

Top Bottom