Buying a uke in australia

keithy351

Reaction score
g'day guys im just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the lanikai CKC solid curly koa ukuleles???? whats there sound and quality like

gday fellow aussie!
where abouts are you buying this uke and how much does it cost?

FINALLY ANOTHER FELLOW AUSSIE, mate in live in western australia, so im going to be ordering within australia, i think the ukes about $420 im after spending upto $500 but dont know where to shop or what to get... dont wanna order from overseas, any suggestions

Hey buddy, i'm in Perth too.

I orderd online from MGM, great service, and got here within a week

:shaka:

500 bucks?
thats enough for some serious solid wood uke man.

look around. if your spending 500, i wouldn't get a lanakai or kala.

It is my first post and therefore first of all hello UU board.
I've been looking recently at a uke from Jim Williams, although it is 650Aus$. Gladesville has one http://www.guitarfactory.net/Folk/Ukuleles.htm. It has a pine top and Tasmanian blackwood back and sides, all solid wood. Has anyone heard about his ukes?

dude dont buy a uke in aus they have s** ones i was bout to till i email this dude http://stores.ebay.com/Musicguymics-Room hes great bloke and helpful, and everyone buys from him, seems you bugdet is around $450US dont buy what your thinking email this dude with ur budget and what size ur wanting and he will tell u the best.... if i had that much to spend i would be buying something like this http://cgi.ebay.com/Solid-ROSEWOOD-...16224QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262 everyone raves about them and they sound fantastic and cheaper then the one ur looking at and is solid built too cant go wrong

g'day guys im just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the lanikai CKC solid curly koa ukuleles???? whats there sound and quality like

Hey please be careful! I have the Lanikai CK-C and it ISN'T solid koa. I've seen it mis-advertised as solid wood in a few shops in England too. It's a laminate (or plywood depending where you're from) with a thin veneer of koa wood over the top.

As far as sound goes it's really good. It has a bright tone and a decent sustain. I think I read they wanted AUS$500 for it? That seems a bit high, mine cost $330 roughly but that was in England and I guess they may cost more to bring in to Australia. It's a really good starting uke that will last you a long time.

John

Hey please be careful! I have the Lanikai CK-C and it ISN'T solid koa. I've seen it mis-advertised as solid wood in a few shops in England too. It's a laminate (or plywood depending where you're from) with a thin veneer of koa wood over the top.

As far as sound goes it's really good. It has a bright tone and a decent sustain. I think I read they wanted AUS$500 for it? That seems a bit high, mine cost $330 roughly but that was in England and I guess they may cost more to bring in to Australia. It's a really good starting uke that will last you a long time.

John

thanks john, but i am not going to be getting one, im going for either a Koa Pili Koko CONCERT or tenor, or an ovation applause tenor or concert

KPK from musicguymic

Hello fellow aussies!!! I'm in Brisbane. My hubby got me a KPK tenor from musicguymic for valentines day - and I am very very happy with it. It worked out to be $585 Australian dollars (including postage). It took 6 days to get here (longest 6 days of my life) - but so worth it. It is beautiful!!! the only bad thing about it - is that it smells like this tongan voodoo medicine my mother used to give me when i was little if i ate too many lollies......hahaha; not sure if it's the same tree or its the wax. anyways - its beautiful. did i mention that already?

thats the way buddy!
trust me you wont be disappointed man
good on ya

hahahaha i will be ordering my KPK tenor (been playing uke for a month now, on my s** s** s** s** greg bennett tenor, learnt a good amount too) and finally, finally my first, decent ever instrament, no more $40 ukuleles and stuff, i cant wait, im so excited to start playing a tenor size too, btw gotta wait till start of march but its not to far off :smileybounce: :smileybounce:

Come on guys! Not all ukes in Australia are s**!

But you are right when you say that most store don't have any good ones...

...I like to think that we stock pretty good ones though :)

Unless you think Kala, Kiwaya, Pono, Ohana, Flea, Fluke - just to name a few - ukes are no good.

I always have some ukes on ebay (stores.ebay.com.au/musiccitycairns), but many more in our store. You are welcome to give us a yell if you are after anything in particular!

Yeah, I think we're all waiting for march to hurry up and come along "$$$THANK YOU KEVIN RUDD$$$!!!"

Come on guys! Not all ukes in Australia are s**!

But you are right when you say that most store don't have any good ones...

...I like to think that we stock pretty good ones though :)

Unless you think Kala, Kiwaya, Pono, Ohana, Flea, Fluke - just to name a few - ukes are no good.

I always have some ukes on ebay (stores.ebay.com.au/musiccitycairns), but many more in our store. You are welcome to give us a yell if you are after anything in particular!

i emailed you but u didnt respond :( what do you have in the pono range for around the $600 mark????

Top Bottom