Greetings from the "Back of Bourke"...

Strumdaddy

Reaction score
G'day Ukesters,
I'm doing a tour of nursing homes in outback Australia.
I do 1000kms each week in a circuit of towns, bringing fun, laughter and old songs to the Elders. I have my little Black Bear koa concert and a bag of tricks with me - but it gets a bit lonely out here!
Just wanted to let you know that I check in to UU several times a day on my IPad to see what all you crazy guys are raving on about.
Keep it up!! - it keeps me sane......

...."a little madness to be free"......

Rave? Rave? Do we Rave? Crazy? Crazy? Hmmm, thought it was a prerequisite. :smileybounce:

Great stuff Strumdaddy! What a fabulous part of Australia. I spent a couple of years jackerooing at Currawinya Station, Hungerford in the 70s! I'll always have fond memories for that SW Qld grazing country and the wonderful characters that I got to know there. Enjoy it mate, it doesn't get much better!

Good on ya mate, keep on injecting a little fun into the tyranny of distance that country folk have yo live with here in Oz.

They havn't had any good rain out Walgett/Bourke way for 2 years.... They don't bother putting in crops, the stock is sold off, I don't know how they keep going! Still, people are friendly and easy-going...
Last time I was out here was in January when it got to 49 degrees (Celsius), it's much easier now in winter.

Top Bottom