New Vintage Uke Day

allanr

Reaction score
I've been trying to keep the UAS (and associated GAS) under control lately so have not been posting many NUDs. But when I saw this one on Evil Bay at a low price I had to bid. I was fortunate to get it at less than my maximum bid.

It is a very lovely Harmony from the 40s or 50s I think. That in itself would be nice, but nicer still is that this one is a concert scale. It's only the 2nd or 3rd concert scale I've seen!

New strings are on it and doing their stretching.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 98
Congrats, nice find.

You've gathered quite an interesting quiver there, sir. Welcome back to UU. Enjoy your photos. Do keep buying, please.

Congrqats! Is that a Harmony? It loooks like ours....

Very nice addition to your growing stable. I recently picked up a Harmony-made 1928 Johnny Marvin Professional Aero-Bridge Tenor. It's really a concert size. It's shockingly light. Makes my Collings UC2, which is actually a bit smaller in body, feel heavy by comparison.

I just got a Johnny Marvin as well - the plainer one, still sunburst, but with "normal" bridge. It's basically your new Harmony with a sunburst finish. I love it, nice bluesy tone, loud but very different to my Black Bear concert, kind of like an old Gibson is in the guitar world - earthy tone.
Got it on EBay, then got Jake Wildwood to sort it out for me and post it to Australia. He did a great job too.
I really like the idea of keeping these great old instruments alive. And "Georgia" sounds great on it.
Here's a photo that Jake took (hope that's o.k. with him)

image.jpg

I hope you have as much fun with yours as I have with mine

Very nice! Looks like my Silvertone which is supposed to be a super soprano. Mine is also very light.

Very nice score. I also have a plane bridge Johnny Marvin version of that with curly mahogany. Light as a feather, and very nice woody tone. I am a Harmon fan, as you can see by my signature, but will be selling all of my ukes very soon.

Any chance you could snag a shot of the headstock? I'm weird when it comes to the logo on the headstock. I've turned down Harmony instruments with messed up headstock logos.

Dan

Looks great and so cool that it is a super soprano/concert!

I know exactly how it is. My baritone just broke and while it's out at the shop being repaired, just let me browse eBay a bit. Next thing you know, I'm the proud winner of a sweet looking 40/50s Harmony baritone. Will post pix when it arrives.

"Any chance you could snag a shot of the headstock? I'm weird when it comes to the logo on the headstock. I've turned down Harmony instruments with messed up headstock logos " - dhoenisch

Here's a shot of mine -

image.jpg

I like this style logo. Any idea what years it was used?

"Any chance you could snag a shot of the headstock? I'm weird when it comes to the logo on the headstock. I've turned down Harmony instruments with messed up headstock logos " - dhoenisch

Here's a shot of mine -

View attachment 69281

I like this style logo. Any idea what years it was used?

I am reviving this old thread because I just picked up one of these in pristine condition.
Did/can anybody provide some info on the years this logo was used? I can’t find anything specific to this label online.

Top Bottom