MUST Resist!

bbycrts

Reaction score
I am in a horrible quandary right now - UAS is tugging hard.

I currently have a Pono PSO, which I really like, and a Tangi Manini which my fat fingers are dictating the sale of (poor grammar, I know).

MGM has a Kanilea K1 Soprano that is calling my name. Jon...Jon...Jon...

I plan to sell the Tangi, but if I sell the Pono I'm much closer to the Kanilea...

Make me stop! Please, sing the praises of my Pono so I won't do this thing. It will still be cash out of my pocket...

ARGH! UAS Begone!

disclaimer: this is of absolutely no help to you whatsoever.

until i looked at your avatar, this whole time, i thought your name was bobby curtis. bahahaha. i feel so dumb now, thinking to myself "why is bobby calling himself jon?".

It's a long, long story how I was dubbed with that nickname...but I'm always sure when I sign up for forums and other stuff that "bbycrts" will be available, so I keep using it.

Keep the Pono. The Kanilea may not be the uke for you and then you'd pissed that you got rid of one that you did like. If the Kani works, then sell the Pono afterwards.

That's great advice, Deach, but I have a bit of a cash flow problem that precludes having the Pono and the Kanilea at the same time...

I'm assuming that you have not played a Kanile'a soprano yet. If that's the case, look at it this way: you're not missing anything that you've tried and liked, and you're perfectly happy with the Pono, so just say no to the Kanile'a. Just make sure you don't try a Kanile'a any time soon...:p

Hmm...I wonder how many people here can't kick themselves for selling an instrument they liked at one time or another.

disclaimer: this is of absolutely no help to you whatsoever.

until i looked at your avatar, this whole time, i thought your name was bobby curtis. bahahaha. i feel so dumb now, thinking to myself "why is bobby calling himself jon?".

LOLLLL. me too.

I would wait on purchasing the Kanilea if you like the Pono, and don't have the cash at the moment for the Kanilea. The Kanilea is a good instrument, but no harm is done in waiting, since it's not like they're going to stop making sopranos.

Hmm...I wonder how many people here can't kick themselves for selling an instrument they liked at one time or another.

I fit into that category. :cool:

I don't. Even though I hardly play guitar at all anymore I still really miss my 1935 National reso.

All rusty chrome and gnarly tone and I sold it -- for a huge loss -- trying to keep up with the rent on a house I eventually got evicted from anyway.

Tech bubble burst. I lost.

I'm assuming that you have not played a Kanile'a soprano yet. If that's the case, look at it this way: you're not missing anything that you've tried and liked, and you're perfectly happy with the Pono, so just say no to the Kanile'a. Just make sure you don't try a Kanile'a any time soon...:p

I agree. The Kanile'a will be there when you are ready. If you like the Pono, why get rid of it...

On a side note, I went to Island Bazaar to get strings and they had a Kanile'a K2 on display... so i tried it. And MAN what a mistake. Now I cant top thinking about that beauty. So dont go trying out the kanile'a suprano or your gonna have both:music:

Keep the Pono, pick up all the pennies you see layin in the street and you will be that much closer to that new Uke.
Then if you like that one more sell the Pono and you'll be that much closer to that new Uke but still keep on picking up the pennies.

(There is a parking meter out in front of my store and in the last 6 months I've picked up 32.37$$$ in pennies people just drop I have a jar for those, trying to see how much I'll get in a year.)

edited out by NukeDOC

My Grandfather from living back during the "Bad Old Days" told me as a child "pennies are like rain drops, one doesn't amount to much but together you can have a flood".

Last edited by a moderator:

Indeed... I once had a Washburn Shadow Series bass that I sold for a pair of shoes and $50... only to find out years later that it was a collector's item worth much, much more.

I don't even have those shoes anymore.

/tangent

I'd love to tell you to keep the Pono, but I've never played a Pono... What I will say that is if you like the instrument, if it feels good in your hands, don't ruin a good thing!!!

before it escalates, im just deleting the post that started it and all pertaining to it. sorry. but i dont see that part of this thread going anywhere nice.

Top Bottom