My (His!) 1st video

mr79

Reaction score
So... you've got a friend who's learning ukulele, and he's doing better than he thinks he is (he's one of those with high standards for himself, and thinks he's worse at most things than he actually is). You've convinced him to film himself playing to improve, and you've even lent him your video camera. But he won't upload anything (he's too embarrassed to even join a group or do that GiveIt100 thing you keep telling him about).

Then one day, you're round his house using his wifi and tea making facilities, when he has to take the dog out... and he leaves his practice folder open, and his ukulele forum thing and Google account logged in... I mean, what would you do? You'd pick the first one and

So go easy... and Matt, you'll thank me in the long run. Honest.

And to be nice, I set it to 'limited'... it's for you folks only.

I don't know how long he's been playing for in this video, but I think he's doing quite nicely. He seems to have a feel for it already. I work with a lot of beginners and the are often very stiff playing. Hope he doesn't serve you a can of whoop-ass when he gets back from that walk. When I record myself, I delete it after I view it.

Ohhhhhhhhh! Why that one?!? Your days of free wifi are over sunshine.

May as well have uploaded one of me gnawing on the headstock... this was a practice test I did trying to play with my eyes closed (I read it on that other 'things you wish you'd known' thread). Dammit dammit dammit.

Thanks anyway bunnyf. I've had a ukulele for nearly a year (I got heavily sidetracked by learning to service, repair and modify them rather than play on them), but only started actually learning to play about a month ago after I got a Pono (the theory being a slightly more serious uke will make me take it more seriously). I'm two weeks into the Ukulele Aerobics book, which I'm enjoying.
I guess I will now have to try and do a 'proper' video to counter this one!

I'm off to inflict lots of revenge. I know his facebook password :D

Top Bottom