in love with a uke I never met

ohmless

Reaction score
just scoped this one out in my price range but have found no reviews or comparisons online.

http://elderly.com/new_instruments/items/COR22C.htm

funny thing is I never heard or seen the instrument before. Just happens to be in my price range and has all the features I want. I am happy with the construction and craftsmanship put into my cordoba laminate and might eventually buy a pickup to go in it.

anyone ever play one of these or other cordoba 22 series ukulele or know of a review somewhere that evades me? Is rosewood as good sounding as it looks?

thanks in advance

Get it from HMS. They'll do a full setup

No experience with that particular model, but it looks nice to me. :)

Solid spruce top with Indian rosewood B/S is very common with classical guitars. Spruce is very bright and crisp.

I've been happy with my Cordoba mahogany tenor. :)

You are at Davison, MI? If I were you, I would take a day trip to Elderly at Lansing, Michigan and experience it in person.
Elderly does setup too.

There's some reviews of the tenor size of the same model on youtube.

yes was going to elderly to make final selection when the funds are saved up(likely a christmas gift to self)

Here's a review from Uke Player Magazine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbnnMJv2CXs.

There are a number of companies making a laminated rosewood bodied, solid spruce topped uke in that price range, including Kala. Unlike many earlier Cordoba's, it has a bone nut and saddle. A number of UU'ers have noted that the tuners aren't anything special, but get the job done fine. You can get the uke for the same price at HMS, but shipping may be more. Elderly has a great reputation and from my understanding, does decent setups. Here's another review from HMS: http://www.theukulelesite.com/cordoba-22c-solid-spruce-top-concert.html

I am also a fan of concerts. Not sure you can get a better looking/sounding one for that kind of money.

Last edited:
I love that Spruce top. It's similar to my Kala. I agree with thenewb if you can make the run and check it out in person.

yeah just found those links last night. thanks for sharing them. sounds like they are competent and that I'll likely be happy. lets hope it has as much personality in person.

This definitely looks like a reliable uke to me. If your already in love with the uke then I say go for it. Best of luck :D

Huge fan of the spruce and rosewood combo here, i recently got a Kinnard tenor in that build and i love the sound of it.

One question, with it being a laminate body, would the rosewood facing laminate layer make much of a difference to the tone vs. maple veneer layer or something else? Just curious, i've no idea...

ohmless, I've had a Cordoba 22T (tenor) for a few weeks, and have played the 22C that you are interested in. They are bright (as expected), and project well. Mine (and probably all of them) loses some intonation as I move up the neck, but nothing terrible. As mentioned, the tuners aren't great, but they do tune. The bottom line, to me, is that less than $200 for a solid spruce top is quite good, and worth it. As mentioned, there are other options; I chose the Cordoba for the neck width (a personal obsession) and the price, and I bought it from HMS.

I've seen Pics of the 22s but have never played one. Look like a nice instrument. Bet they sound good too

I was going to buy this but couldn't find it anywhere! Although I already have a concert, I might need 2…..:p
Thanks for the link.

At least the uke you're in love with is obtainable. I tend to develop crushes on the ones out of my league.

Top Bottom