I bought a Woodi! :D

Kyle95

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I know I haven't been on Ukulele Underground in a while but I'm back now :D. I have been playing my Luna a lot lately and have been improving a great deal. Recently I came down with a little case of UAS and started thinking wouldn't it be cool to have a plastic ukulele. So I decided to purchase a Woodi ukulele because of the positive reviews I have seen about them. I received it in the mail yesterday and I have to say they do make some nice ukuleles so I thought I would write a review for you guys. I decided to go with the soprano size with a wood grain finish that kind of looks like some type of exotic mahogany. I believe Woodi only makes soprano sized uke's but I'm not completely sure. Here's a picture of it.

The Woodi ukuleles are completely made of a mix plastic besides the metal geared tuners and they come in a variety of colors and patterns. It is actually a lot better quality built than I had expected. For plastic it is pretty thick and would be able to survive multiple falls without a problem. The plastic gives it the feel of the satin finish of the Makala Sharks. Also it's waterproof and ready to brave the elements, making it a great travel uke. I am planning on taking it on a camping trip to Allegheny soon. My only problem with the ukulele is the strings that came on it are not the greatest but I had anticipated this. So these strings do not sound the greatest but I'm sure that will change when I receive my Aquillas and put them on. Overall the sound is not bad and will probably improve when I put some real strings on it. It also came with a gig bag that is actually not bad (compared to the dust cover that came with my Luna) so that was a nice addition. Overall it's a pretty nice ukulele and I would recommend it as a travel uke or just a casual ukulele that you don't have to worry about. Happy uking! :)

i've recently bought one as well and am pretty happy with it :D

Mike at Uke Republic has a demo on youtube with a woodi strung with Aquila Reds. It sounded good, I mean really good, I mean really good as in I almost bought one. On the same video he has one set up with regular strings and the Reds sound so much better. You might consider those strings, I was impressed.

Thanks Dave I will have to try the Aquilla Reds on it next. I just upgraded the strings to a pair of Aquilla New Nylgut and I have to say I am pretty impressed by the sound. Its amazing what a difference a pair of quality strings can make.

Top Bottom