Rick Turner Compass Rose Curly Koa Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

leokiekie

Reaction score
Up for sale is my beautiful Compass Rose tenor. I bought it from another UU member and he bought it new from Gryphon Stringed Instruments. It is nicely setup with a low comfortable action. I really really really don't want to sell this but it was an impulse buy to replace a Compass Rose that I sold two years ago and sadly it has sat in it's case because I haven't installed a pickup in it for gigging. I need the money more than I need this ukulele so it's time to pass it on.

The top and back are both made of single pieces of curly koa. The fretboard and bridge are both made of ebony. Bone nut and saddle. Ebony binding front and back. Mahagony neck. Side sound port. Cantilevered fretboard. Gold Gotoh geared tuners. Aquila low g strings. Ebony heel cap. Strap button. Comes with gig bag shown.

SOLD!

image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
I put on a new set of Aquila low G strings on it this week as seen in the two outdoor pics.

That is amazing!!! I'm sure it'll sell quickly.

Should have told me, could have shipped two for the price of one. But that girl might not have given ALL THAT MUCH money back to me. Inside joke people.That is some drop dead koa, holy smokes. Someone will love this.

Should have told me, could have shipped two for the price of one. But that girl might not have given ALL THAT MUCH money back to me. Inside joke people.That is some drop dead koa, holy smokes. Someone will love this.

Could you imagine the look on her face if she opened up an email showing that amount transferred to her account? Money? What money? Lol

Yes, the koa is damn good on this one. Shimmers in the sunlight. And sounds great with a low g. Deep and dark yet bright and floral. Like a great wine.

Could you imagine the look on her face if she opened up an email showing that amount transferred to her account? Money? What money? Lol

Yes, the koa is damn good on this one. Shimmers in the sunlight. And sounds great with a low g. Deep and dark yet bright and floral. Like a great wine.

Some body stop DownUpDave ... he is going crazy buying up everything before I get a chance ... lol.

Hey, Leo ... does this have a radius fret board? Due to the length of my arms I have found this helps me with barring chords when I play jazz ... thanks.

Some body stop DownUpDave ... he is going crazy buying up everything before I get a chance ... lol.

Hey, Leo ... does this have a radius fret board? Due to the length of my arms I have found this helps me with barring chords when I play jazz ... thanks.

No radius fretboard on this one Sam. I know what you mean though. I have a Godin Multiuke with a radius fretboard. I could play that thing all day.

No radius fretboard on this one Sam. I know what you mean though. I have a Godin Multiuke with a radius fretboard. I could play that thing all day.

I know what you mean on the multi Uke radius. It is really just individual choice and it works for me. This is a beautiful Uke. I am sure the tone is fabulous.

Nice CF- and good figure too!

People have PM'd me because they are concerned about any damage that can result during shipping because of the soft gigbag that comes with it. I'll go ahead and ship it out in a standard Uke Crazy black hard case for the buyer.

I'm going camping Wednesday morning where there is no internet coverage until Saturday and I'd like to sell this before I leave. $1199 shipped to your door in a Uke Crazy hard case with a Herco humidifier.

I already have a CR and it is an amazing build. Fantastic tone and playability. Rick Turner's design is top notch. Hope someone snaps this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom