1928 Johnny Marvin Professional "Tenor" with Aero Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
Aviator Charles A. Lindbergh landed his Spirit of St. Louis near Paris, completing the first solo airplane flight across the Atlantic Ocean on May 21, 1927. The world went crazy. Harmony Ukulele paid its respects by putting an "aeroplane"-shaped bridge on their Johnny Marvin Professional "Tenor" (concert-sized by todays standards).

This 86 year-old instrument is in exceptional shape. The tiger-striped mahogany is stunning and sports a sunburst finish. It is in remarkable condition. No cracks or significant defects. The one thing I would point out is the headstock has a very slight twist to it. The fretboard is straight and this was confirmed by David Neely, a vintage guitar and uke expert (worked for Martin for years). The bridge has all the original pins (very rare). And the headstock is in outstanding shape (unusual).

It has a very nice sound with the "bark" sought after by many vintage enthusiasts. And let me tell you, this thing is shockingly light. Although it is a tad larger than my Collings UC-2, it is demonstrably lighter. Amazingly so, really. The neck is nice and thin. Truly a player's instrument. And it comes with a really cool vintage case.

This was the first vintage uke that really compelled me as I'm generally not a vintage guy. I knew to keep it that I'd have to sell my Clara or my Collings. And while it is a remarkable instrument, I'm not quite ready to part with either of those. If I did not have to limit myself, I would keep it without question.

I've sold three ukes on UU already and everyone has been very pleased with the transactions. $800 CONUS. Prefer check or if you want to pay by Paypal, you cover the fees.

View attachment 69338

View attachment 69334

View attachment 69336

View attachment 69335

View attachment 69337

Last edited:
Sold. This uke really was growing on me and my wife absolutely loved it, so I'm sort of sad to see it go. But I'm stoked it went to a new friend that I can visit around the corner from time-to-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom