NUD kinda.....

BigD

Reaction score
well i got it last saturday and its not 'new' hence the kinda in the title! As most of you know Dan(dhoenisch) is selling off his ukes to fund his 'one', he actually posted about his martin in another post and i think it looks great. We happen to live fairly close to each other so he met me at the local gas station and dropped off his 1950's harmony baritone with me! He gave me a heck of a deal on it and although it may not be the prettiest ( there were previous posts about him resetting the neck and whatnot, also a solid fix he did) its a great player. Its the first solid mahogany ive played and the first baritone ive ever spent serious time on and i love it. Absolutely love it. Its strung with a set of non wound aquila reds that i already have on other ukes so i really do enjoy them and the sound is great. Its a much more complimentary sound to my voice ( which needs all the help it can get) and it allows me to play the guitar tunes that i want that had too difficult of chords. I havent had much experience with baritones like i said but this really feels like a quality instrument. Action is spot on and Dan also did a fret reset and put in bone nut and saddle. Couldnt be happier!!

Pix? I have one coming to me in a couple of days and am looking forward to it. Have several other ukes but bari is my fav. Like you said, it suits my voice too and the kind if music I play the most.

Hey BigD. I am so glad you are enjoying the Harmony baritone. It makes me feel really good that you and that uke got paired up. When we met up, while you were trying it out, I could tell you liked it. Those old Harmony baritones have such a deep, woody, guitar-like sound that I have never heard on any other baritone uke. I guess, on a good note, my mom also has one, so when I start missing my Harmony, I can always play her uke when I go to her house.

Anyhow, I'm glad she's getting loved and played instead of just hanging up in my music room.

Dan

Congratuilations! Those old Harmony baris sound great!

Top Bottom