PDA

View Full Version : David Webber Baritone UKULELE! Very Rare...

bobmyers
07-25-2014, 12:01 PM
Sale Pending As part of my culling of over purchased high end ukuleles and restoring reality and a happy marriage.
I am selling my extremely rare David Webber baritone ukulele. To the best of my knowledge he has only made six ukes. Two Koa baritone ukuleles - One for his wife. (the only other two he made were from rosewood), however he has changed his build formula to add two other baritone ukes. This one is one of his last and best. It uses the lattice bracing that is found similarly on all LFdM ukes. He only made two of these and he has since returned to Guitar manufacture only. The reason is that it takes the same work to make a Ukulele as it takes to make , say, a Parlor Guitar.
Look up David Webber Guitars, you will find he is one of the worlds best guitar builders and is located in Vancouver. He only made 6 ukuleles as far as I know. One was for his wife. So there are five out there to possibly obtain.
This is his latest, with lattice (cross) bracing of the top, in master Koa back and sides and Englemann spruce top. It is expertly trimmed with a curly maple binding front and back, a conservative rosette, note the Curly maple binding continues up the neck, very rare.
I'm the original owner and took delivery of it about a year ago. It has a very nice hard shell case with a dark red lining. It has Gotoh tuners the black knobs. The scale length is 20.5' and it has a radiused fret board (16”)'. It's strung up with Living Waters low D strings and sounds wonderful.
Please note the body of this ukue is slightly over-sized to deliver the round mellow sound you desire in a baritone,
This is one of Davids special masterpieces and although there will be no more I offer it at my price of $1650 American delivered in case in
new condition, CONUS. Maximum shipping allowance $25.
The uke is mint, about a year old, and has never left my smoke free home.
Bob Myers

bobmyers
07-25-2014, 12:11 PM
More Pics6936069361693626936369360

bobmyers
07-25-2014, 12:16 PM
69364 One more

Patrick Madsen
07-25-2014, 02:55 PM
I own the first of five David made before Bob's. The koa shimmers in the sunlight and thr neck plays like buttah. I had the choice of selling either the Webber or my vintage Martin bari.; I chose to sell the Martin and know it was the right choice. This one is even rarer because of the bracing Bob had him do. The neck is thin and fast with a great radius and just the right level in the action.

If you're thinking baritone; this one will blow you away. I have mine tuned to Bb with Southcoast classical metal strings. It rings with clarity and the sound is like a tenor guitar. With Dirks G tuned strings, the sound is deep and mellow with a bark like a smoke filled blues jute joint on a Saturday night.

Someone is going to end up with a keeper for a baritone. David Webber is one of the premier guitar luthiers in the world and for me, having one of his baritone is an honor; much like my Moore Bettah.

bobmyers
07-27-2014, 12:07 PM
Thank you Patrick, His work and this uke is in prime grade finish and condition.
Thanks Bob

bobmyers
08-02-2014, 02:53 AM
Bump for the weekend. Thanks for looking.
Bob

bobmyers
08-09-2014, 02:22 PM
OK, one final price reduction $1650 plus shipping. An allowance of $25 will be made towards shipping but all cost after that are the buyers.
Don't miss this one its one of the best I ever had.
Thanks for looking,
Bob

Nickie
08-09-2014, 05:13 PM
I saw this uke today....it's absolutely drop dead gorgeous....it's a good thing it's not a concert....Ida been in trouble....