Healing cancer through Peace, Love & Ukulele

Olarte

Reaction score
Healing Cancer Through Peace Love & Ukulele - Ukulele Jam, Instrumental, Mya-Moe.

I told you I'd be back.... This is a video I shot today 3 days after my surgery. It's my way of thanking my UU, Uke, and FB peeps who really came through when I requested a song for me or someone you know who has battled the cancer dragon.

Note the walking stick is to help me get around and hold the temporary Catherer bag, I'm not trying to look like Raffiki or the Hermit card from the Tarot.

Mahalo,
Ivan

Beautiful video and strumming. Continue to heal. You will get nothing but positive thoughts from all your friends here at UU.

I am a member of the uke2heal.com community and I see first hand the healing power of the ukulele.

G-d Bless..........Bruce

Great job, Ivan. You have a great approach to life and are an inspiration. Music is a wonderful addition to all our lives. Wish you all the best as you continue to recover
Cliff

It is wonderful to see you play after your surgery. I hope music continues to bring you joy and peace during your recovery.

Love the T-shirt.

Ivan, you're an inspiration to us. That was really nice and looking forward to seeing your videos for many years to come!!

Ooh, lovely - two great Latin numbers there, I love those - I try to play them by ear, but not very successfully! Latin music really hits the right spot..... lovely to see you playing Ivan! Keep up the good work.... just on Saturday we heard that a lovely lady we know has just been diagnosed with bowel cancer - and it's NOT early - bad news. Caught early, this can be cured.... what an evil illness this is - a real dragon. You are a real St George, I hope you feel better every day! The uke will help, I'm sure!

Thanks Lesley, and everyone else for your wonderful support!

I've had a bit of a set back as the pain has gotten more constant and is evolving as my body heals.

Hate, to sound wimpy, but I swear, this must be what it feels like when someone is abducted and wake up on a gurney, while being probed by Aliens...

I woke up to pains and aches in places I did not know existed...

No worries thought I'm embracing it as much as I can and riding the waves, until the calm arrives.

Still the worst is over and each day can only get better...

I'm glad I recorded this when I did as it will be a little bit before I feel that energetic again :)

Part of my motivation is to spread the word, to talk about early detection which is often ignored...

So I stand by my original message despite a slight relapse in my recovery, I'm feeling positive, strong, and most of all grateful for everyone's support.

Mahalo,
Ivan

Last edited:
Health status update. I'm Free at last!!!!

Had the staples and foley Catherer taken out today. It felt like the last mile of a marathon on a scorching day but I'm finally free!!! It HURT! But at least that is over with.

They did find some cancer cells in the core of the prostate but within the margin of what they took out. So while it was not as clean as I had hoped, it confirms that not sparing the right nerve was the right thing to do.

I have not posted in the last few days cause I was miserable dealing with the Catherer, cramps etc...

So far so good, cancer is out, post op procedures complete.

Next is regaining full control of my functions which may take 6 months to a year or more. And getting a PSA test done in 3 months.

No Radiation or chemo needed at this time.

If I had to go through this again, vs. radiation etc, I would choose surgery all over again. Remember early detection is key. Trust me this could have been a lot worse...

I've always stood up to the bully, and cancer is no exception!!

Thank you all for your prayers, and your support. You all made me feel stronger than I ever could have on my own!

Mahalo!
Ivan

Last edited:
Top Bottom