FS: SpruceHouse BA-1c Soprano w/HSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

scdano

Reaction score
I'm selling this SpruceHouse BA-1c soprano with a nice hard case for $300 shipped CONUS only. I bought it a couple of months ago from UU forum member Cds. I've been building super concerts for a while and when I decided to build a soprano, I picked this one up to get an idea of how a cedar top sounded. My 50s Martin style 0 is mahogany so I wanted to try something a bit brighter. I ended up building with spruce. So...anyhow, this one's ready to go to a new home. Excellent condition with one minor scrape on the exterior of the case. I replaced the stock friction tuners (included) with a nicer set with bushings to hold tune better, (no modifications to the headstock). I also installed a new set of Worth browns. Sorry, my cell phone pictures are not the best.

Here's a description from the builder:
This SpruceHouse soprano ukulele is built with solid, golden brown Khaya back and sides, and a solid top of Western Red Cedar. The fingerboard and bridge are Bubinga. It has a soundhole rosette of Khaya, standard friction tuners, and position dots on the side of the fingerboard. The finish is a semi-gloss hand-rubbed oil varnish. Fitted with Aquila Nylgut strings, this instrument has a bright, crisp tone and outstanding volume. This special price includes a plush-lined, true hardshell case. See sprucehouseukuleles.com for more details about this and other handmade instruments built in a one-man shop in Eugene, Oregon.

front sh.JPGsh back.JPGsh case.JPGsh frt.JPGsh frt2.JPG

Last edited:
Hey that's a cute little guy you've got there. I don't really like soprano scale but I was talking with Al about my loooong neck soprano project. FWIW, with a few exceptions, ukes seem to be moving very slowly this summer. Good luck with this one.

Hello, noob here. I need to start somewhere and would rather buy from a forum member. If this guy is ready to play (doesn't need a setup) I'll take it.

edit-The woods are appealing in that I play a '97 Tacoma Papoose which has a redcedar top and mahogany back and sides and love the way it sounds.

Last edited:
OK, great! This uke is set up and ready to go. Just PM me and I'll send you the PayPal info.
Thanks-
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom