Dealer cost of Flea Soprano w/walnut ?

LM in Kentucky

Reaction score
Hello Uu . . .

Would any of you be privy to the dealer cost of a Flea Soprano that would be ordered from CT? Just a basic walnut topper that retails for 218.00?

This is for the purposes of working out a trade with a guitar dealer on a few items, not for me beating up a local music store about their price!

If this is not appropriate, I apologise and Mods, please delete.

Thank you in advance! :music:

haha...it's like a used car, there's trade-in price, wholesale price, retail price. Unless you have some very sought after uke, there isn't much trade-in value for any ukes to a dealer.

haha...it's like a used car, there's trade-in price, wholesale price, retail price. Unless you have some very sought after uke, there isn't much trade-in value for any ukes to a dealer.

I wont bore you with the details, but I am trying to trade some of the electric guitars Ive been carting around with me for years for a Uke and some other musical equipment. When I'm bartering with the shop Im taking it all to, I just thought knowing how much they paid for a flea might help me negotiate on terms that would be beneficial to both of us. I wish I was rich and conundrums such as this wouldn't be part of my day to day affairs
;)

It's kind of a no-win situation you're in. A new Flea sells for $218, so that's what it's worth to the dealer. They will likely only offer you a wholesale equivalent price for your used gear so that there is room left for profit at retail prices.

Your best bet to maximize your position would be to sell what you have yourself via Craigslist, eBay, online forums, etc. and then just go buy what you want with the money you make.

Scooter

Top Bottom