Kohala Coast Bound

bassballz

Reaction score
Hey Ya'll,
I'm headed to the Big Island with the fam for a week of sun an relax. I have a daily 80 mile commute to my office, so not looking to spend a lot of road time. For those in the know, any good uke music to chill to :cool: along the Kohala coastline this coming week (July 30 thru Aug 7)?
Also, I may head up to Hawi Gallery, where my wife bought me my first uke 2 years ago, to see what's on the wall, but are there any other ukulele shops recommended?
Thanks bunches!

I have an Imua from Hawi Gallery. Kiernan's Music above Kona had a good selection. Hilo Guitar is good but the vibe wasn't right for me.

Thanks PB.
I'm also checking to see if there are any "must see" uke musicians playing in the area.
Cheers.

Hi BB,

It may be worth checking http://www.konaweb.com to get a feel for what's happening in the area. Also,if you can find out from the site or e-mailing him, "Kona Bob" and his group are definitely worth checking out (he can be reached via the "Contact" link on the site).

As far as interesting uke spots, stop by and see Sam Rosen (really nice person) at the Holualoa Ukulele Gallery. It's just outside Kailua-Kona and used to be the old Holualoa Post Office building. The hours can be a bit spotty depending upon what Sam is up to, but definitely worth visiting.

Have dinner at Jackie Rey's!!

Have a great time,
Matt

Thanks!
Checked out the konaweb website...good info for the BI. I will definitely check out Holualoa Gallery as well.
Cheers!

Top Bottom