Fire

rockyl

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
We live on a ridge top above the middle fork of the Cosumnes River (NorCal), unfortunately in the path of the #SandFire. Tonight will be the second night we've waited it out, hoping it doesn't run up our canyon. Will stay on the internet as long as possible.

Uke's are in their cases and ready to be put in the car if ordered to evacuate. I even left room for my wife. Here's hoping we dodge another bullet.

Attachments

• IMG_20140725_175659.jpg
    IMG_20140725_175659.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 69
Good luck. Having lived in a remote wooded area out West several yrs ago I understand your worries

My family's old house is out on Oak Hill Road in Pleasant Valley almost on the edge of the north fork Consumnes canyon. Hoping all will be well for everybody in the area. The CalFire dudes are the best of the best and it sounds like they are out in force - 50-something trucks, 7 air tankers, and 9 helicopters last I heard. Keep us posted.

Fingers crossed. Hoping all is well!

Made it thru the night. Could see the flames down the canyon west of us. Right now the smoke is obscuring any flames. Keeping our fingers crossed too.

Hoping and praying y'all ride it out safely and that the fire is brought under control.

I hope all is going well in the battle. It's a pretty terrifying situation to be in.

Praying all will be good

That's a tricky situation. I wish you the best of luck for the sake of the ukuleles and your family.

Thanks for all your good thoughts everyone. Fire is now 65% contained and they lifted the evac order and opened our main road. It's looking good. :)

My girlfriend lives in El Portal...but the newer part. She put some stuff at the school where she teaches and went on up to Joe Craven's "River Tunes"...

Great news for you. Must've been pretty scary.

Top Bottom