Bottle Up & Go

drbekken

Reaction score
http://youtu.be/HgsQHXJuwyI

This is probably the last video I'll make to show off the new Southcoast guilele/guitalele strings; the 'Eddie Freeman Specials'. Tuning is E to E like a guitar, but with strings 4, 5 & 6 one octace up. Re-entrant is the thing. It really opens up the cheap Yamaha GL1, that's for sure....a bit like a re-entrant baritone ukulele with two extra strings. The fretboard might feel a bit cramped, but one will get used to it. Fact is, I like it now.

Brother you have a gift. No-one does ukulele blues like you do. No-one. This is majestic. And way cool. Thanks for continuing to share your wonderful music with us mate.

Thank you, Jon! I really appreciate your kind words! In the fall, I'll play more on my Martin OXK, and see if I can learn some more blues/jazz stuff. This summer, I took only the Yamaha GL1 with me, just to force myself to work on that Southcoast set up. I do not regret it. I absolutely LOVE the sound.

Very cool, thanks for sharing. So - the tuning is like "Nashville tuning" on a guitar?

Very cool, thanks for sharing. So - the tuning is like "Nashville tuning" on a guitar?

Thanks, man! I never heard of 'Nashville tuning'...please enlighten me! Or I will look it up...
Well, I did look it up, and found that the Nashville tuning is very similar. The difference is that on the guitalele, strings 4,5 & 6 are one octave up, whereas Nashville tuning means that strings 3,4,5 & 6 are one octave up. The sound is amazing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom