Mele Solid Koa Tenor

wconley

Reaction score
First time selling on UU.

SOLD (locally)-- Thank you everyone for your interest
Ryan, the young man that bought it was very happy. He has been playing for a couple years but more seriously this year. This is a good step up for him and gives him a second ukulele so his wife can join him rather than take turns.

I'm selling my Mele solid Koa tenor ukulele to make way for a new Koaloha I just received from HMS. The body is made from solid Big Island Koa while the neck is mahogany with ebony fretboard. It has very nice inlaid binding and rosette. It currently sells for $565 without a case. It has always been properly stored with humidifier in a padded case (included). We bought this from the Mele shop in Maui where final manufacturing and setup is completed. It is in very good condition but has one small mark in the neck as shown in my picture. It is currently strung with Worth Clears in low G although I have also played it in high G. Here is a sound sample of this ukulele, although the strings were Aquila Low G with metal-wound G and C strings. Personally I prefer the Worths. (No jokes about my playing...:cool:)

SoundCloud Sample
$300 shipped CONUS - it will come in the padded bag shown, packed inside the HMS box my Koaloha came in)

medium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpg

Last edited:
More pictures
medium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpg

Picture showing mark on neck in the upper portion of the picture
medium.jpg

I wish I had the funds for this. I have a Mele concert that I just love. Whoever buys this is getting a great deal!

I have one of these with Southcoast lights on it. If I didn't, I'd have already forwarded the money. Gorgeous uke, wonderful sound. This is an off-the-hook good deal.

I can't seem to find the sound sample. Can you include it?

Last edited:
I'm very interested! Give me a call here in Seattle @ 425-238-1568.

paul

I'm very interested! Give me a call here in Seattle @ four two five two three eight one five six eight

paul

Dude, same rule* applies to 'phone numbers as it does to email addresses. Never post them anywhere on the internet unless you obfuscate them somehow.

Just as email crawlers look for <text>@<text>.<text>, others understand and harvest phone numbers.

* when I say "rule", I don't mean it's against the rules of the forum, I mean "one of those things you shouldn't do for your own safety and sanity"

:)

SOLD (locally)-- Thank you everyone for your interest
Ryan, the young man that bought it was very happy. He has been playing for a couple years but more seriously this year. This is a good step up for him and gives him a second ukulele so his wife can join him rather than take turns.

Top Bottom