kala tenor mango

The Kala Mango is a sweet sounding ukulele. It is a laminated uke, so, it is not real loud, but, the tenor has higher string tension and is loud enough to get the job done. I'd grab one with the electronics in a heart-beat. They look great, by the way.

I had one but recently sold it to get another uke. It is a fine instrument and if I am not mistaken Fred Miu has one for sale for a real good price. (That uke sold but I think there was another one in the marketplace)

Like the other poster said it is a laminate, but it does sound nice.

Last edited:
I have to say that they are quite loud in my opinion.A real joy to play and feels nicely balanced as well. The wood on these Kala ukes is so beautiful and the tuners match well. The price ain't so bad either. One is on marketplace for $200.00 a real deal!

I'm a proud owner of the mango tenor and I think it is a delight to play.

I play a Kala mango tenor, and I've been really pleased with its sound and action. Its looks also get positive comments when folks see it.

I've got one too. It's my everyday-lug-around uke. It looks great and it's very comfortable to play. Oh, it sounds great too (laminate or not).

Does ukuleles being laminate made the sound have inferior tone, less volume or both or something else.

I have this uke, with the electronics.
I absolutely love it, it's beautiful and sounds great.
I'm not sure what everybody means by laminates not sounding loud, this one is just as loud as my other ones.
I would recomend it.

A laminate can sound great and loud. Solid wood has a warmer tone and solid wood requires a bit more attention.I sell both and play both and you guessed it.....like both

I don't have that particular uke, but I have two other Kalas and a Pono solid mango uke.

In my experience, Kalas are well made, easy to play and sound good. I've not played a Kala laminate though - just solid tops. Necks are a little more narrow than some brands.

Mango - based on my Pono - is warm, but neither as loud or bright as a tonewood as other woods, including mahoghany, spruce and cedar. Nice sound, but the tonal range is not as large as some other woods.

The real highlight is is the stunning look of mango.

I love my Kala Mango tenor!

I am just a newbie here, and I have had my first ukulele only 5 days so far, but I love it. Even with the cheap GHS strings that come standard on it. I am waiting for my Clear Worths to be delivered. It plays well, and I am very satisfied. I got the "John King" Classical Ukulele book and started plucking out a few tunes already. Strumming is working out fine too.

Anyway, since I already have a classical guitar and a banjo, I wanted something that looked different and dramatic. Koa was too expensive for me at this stage of my skill, and mahogany, though beautiful, looked too dark (for me anyway) for such a happy sounding instrument. I liked the spruce/ cedar tops... a lot of nice choices there, but they look too much like my guitar. So I like the Mango, since you can get that dramatic looking grain. There is such variation in the color of the grains, that you should see it before buying. Some color schemes might be more pleasing to you than others.

Lori

Top Bottom