Roland AC33 Amp vs. Roland BA330 Amp

brUKEman

Reaction score
I currently use a Roland AC33 amp for small gigs. It has 2 channels. I plug in one channel and use a microphone on the other. I sometimes sing with a couple more people and would like to hook up a couple more mics to it and he suggested I get a Roland BA330 PA system which will take 4 inputs. They are both battery operated and 15w+15w.
Do you think it is worth the upgrade to get the extra inputs?

Thanks for your input............Bruce

The BA330 has more channels but less adjustability of the channels it has. The AC33 has chorus but the BA330 doesn't. The AC33 also has separately adjustable eq on both channels where as the BA330 only has global eq. Unless you NEED it to be battery powered I wouldn't buy it.

Anyway. If you have power I would buy a mixer and a powered speaker. Mount the speaker on a stand. This won't/shouldn't cost you any more money than the BA330 and you will have more functions and a better sound.

Anthony

Might be a better way to go. I'll have to check into that... Thanks

A compact mixer and two powered speakers is a pretty simple, entry level PA system. Considering that you were happy with only 30 watts then ONE entry level 8" or 10" speaker of about 160-200 watts will be enough. If you feel the need for more power you can buy another speaker later. If you ask the professionals then they will ALL (just about anyway) recommend that you buy an Allen and Heath mixer. A little more expensive than the others but better quality and more reliability. You could look at Behringer gear as well. People love to hate on Behringer but honestly their reliability record is as good as anyones and it will do the job quite well.

Anthony

Last edited:
We used to stock both of those and I like both. The AC-33 is more natural in tone for uke. The BA-330 will give you bigger vocals and the ability to invite others, reverb is good with regular mics, SM58 etc. If you can have both…..I mean they are both pretty light in weight, simple, and best when dedicated to one input. Especially the AC-33. Oooh, gotta buy the roland pedal to start looping though, if not already. So fun! What is it…the FS-6? Looping is a whole other world and can be such a tool for musical growth….Anyway, can you just have both? Cause that's the easy answer. The other answer would depend on how good these other guys are. You might want to tell them you only have 2 inputs so they can just sing along for fun.

$600 might be a lot to pay unless – as anthonyg said – you really, really need the battery power; or, if you want the simplicity/portability of the 330 compared to carrying in (and out) two speakers and stands and a mixer.

The other answer would depend on how good these other guys are. You might want to tell them you only have 2 inputs so they can just sing along for fun.

or again based on how good the others are, you could try to find the microphone used here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SminUcY0c-s

Last edited:
Top Bottom