An Idiot Abroad

ericchico

Reaction score
I just started watching this on my Netflix instant watch. If you like seeing someone put in uncomfortable situations then this is the show for you. Pretty funny and interesting show I just burned through 3 seasons.

Overview from Wiki

The series features Karl Pilkington as he travels around the world.
Originally titled Karl Pilkington's Seven Wonders Of The World, An Idiot Abroad documents Karl Pilkington's journeys to foreign countries under the guise of visiting the New Seven Wonders of the World. Though the New Seven Wonders of the World include the Colosseum in Rome, this is not one of Pilkington's destinations; instead he visits the Great Pyramids in Egypt (which is the last of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World to remain intact). Most of each episode focuses on Pilkington’s reactions to cultural differences and idiosyncrasies in the countries he visits. Gervais and Merchant call Pilkington during each trip, to assign him tasks often not related to why he believed he was visiting the country. These include training as a luchador, travelling the desert on a camel, and dancing with a samba school in a Carnival parade. It was confirmed by the show's producers that Pilkington has no prior warning about these situations. The camera man coaxes him along. Gervais commented: "This is a [more real] documentary than most others you'll ever see on television. We don't plan it, he doesn't know what's going to happen."

I'm sorry. I may just be old fashioned and out of touch. But I find the show to be a bit too mean spirited for my taste.

For those of you who like it, more power to you. It is just not for me.

I don't care for Gervais but I enjoyed the arc of the series.

Hilarious show... I love Karl's uncomfortableness

Top Bottom