FS: National Mahogany Resonator Concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

connor013

Reaction score
I bought this uke about six months ago as part of a plan to have a well-rounded collection in terms of sound (Bruko soprano, National concert, KoAloha 6-string tenor, Airline baritone -- not bad, right?), but now it's time to break that collection down.

IMG_0529.jpg

Here are the basic specs, courtesey of National Guitars: http://www.nationalguitars.com/instruments/ukemahogany/mahogany.html

IMG_0530.jpg IMG_0536.jpg

Much has been posted about resonators, so there's not much for me to add, save a few instrument-specific points:

1. This is the best set-up uke I've ever owned. The action is low, the frets are perfect, and the neck is fast. It's easy to play this uke well. I also think the angle of the fretboard is such that it's slightly wider from the seventh fret up. To my hands, this feels very comfortable.

2. Perhaps because of the cone or the more or less inert body, this uke will accept a wider range of tunings. It sounds great in C, and will play up to Eb; it will also play as low as Bb before the strings start to get floppy. With a lighter of heavier set o' strings, maybe it will stretch even more -- this is fun to play around with.

3. For players who like a percussive sound, nothing I've played sounds quite as good chunked as this reso. It's awesome.

Here's a quick sample: https://soundcloud.com/user92796094/national-concert That's my son freestyling in the background -- sorry.

It's strung with Southcoasts' heavy medium set, and it comes with a plush, purple velvet lined hard case.

IMG_0547.jpg

$875 gets it shipped to your door, CONUS. International buyers: shoot me a PM and we'll discuss shipping.

Any questions, please give me a shout.

Cheers.

Love the headstock on this one. If I didn't already have a national already I'd be giving this some serious thought.

Wow...awesome price! I was at Gryphon Strings today and they were selling this same ukulele for over $1500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom