PDA

View Full Version : Learning a guitar sheet song

Penfold
07-30-2014, 11:06 AM
Hi,

Searched the forum, but haven't got an answer (or at least one I understand). New to playing music and by definition the Uke.

Enjoying strumming chords, but I want to be able to learn to play songs and more importantly rock! Fancied learning the Rush song, In The End as it's a personal fave and I have found the sheet music. http://www.musicnotes.com/sheetmusic/mtdVPE.asp?ppn=MN0061709

As a complete newbie, what's the best approach to learning this song? Should I start with a specific instructional book? I picked up an AC/DC tab book, but not delved into it yet.

I'm currently working my way through Ukulele for dummys, which is great but focuses on chords and not "proper" songs.

Thanks for your help,
Penfold

itsme
07-30-2014, 11:35 AM
The chords are the same, it's just the fingerings of them that are different. You don't need any "uke specific" music sheets.

ohmless
07-30-2014, 12:21 PM
the melody at least from what is shown on the first page sample looks doable also if you want to learn those parts too. The only thing I don't know about is whether it sounds better to play as a G or a B when you get to the G/B chord. The G would be easier and would be a decent place to start. That way for the first page at least there will be only one barre chord(the D).

Daktari
07-30-2014, 12:23 PM
I'm working on playing loads of the songs I already play on guitar on the uke. As itsme says, it's only the fingerings of the chords that's different.

Dagan
07-30-2014, 01:27 PM
Just a note on a "G/B" chord, it means G major with a B note in the bass, don't play a B major! Just play a regular G and you will be fine. Add the "b" note on the top string at the forth fret, really only necessary if you play with a low g. Otherwise, ditto what others have said, if it says D on a guitar sheet, play an ukulele D.