any ohana players out there

geoffsuke

Reaction score
i was just wondering who else plays an ohana uke on uu!!! i have a tk-300g and it seems to be sounding B-E-A utifuller by the day, plus i love the looks, anyone out there???

:biglaugh:

my soprano ukulele is a SK-35 and I think it sounds great. i've also got a kala ka-t that i received about 2 weeks ago from MGM. that dude is the s**, and everything good i've heard about him is true

I've only been paying for a few weeks (in fact this is my first post). I bought the Ohana SK-50WG on MGM's recommendation. Very happy with the choice. Willow sides and back, cedar soundboard. Although I was happy with it "out of the box" it seems to be improving in tone. All the better.

I have a TK-20, and I love her very much.

MGM recently put up a soprano bell in his store. If it comes in a tenor size as well, I may have to buy one, just because it looks cool.

I think I feel a UAS coming on... :eek:

Last edited:
I have their sopranino. Since I've tuned it up to F I've been playing it a lot more. In fact, for the last few days it's all I've been playing. I'll get back to normal (or as normal as I get) soon I'm sure. But it'll definitely be a larger* part of my playing from now on.

* Yeah, yeah... I know.

I have an SK-35G, a SK-50WG, a CK-50G, a CK-25, CKP-70, and BK20CE right here. Adding to this list... Ohana pineapple soprano (solid mahogany), the TK-20CE, the SKB-35 bell, the CK-70g (maple back & sides w/spruce top), CK-300G, soprano zebrawood.

I wrote a review of the SK-50WG and CK-50G for Ukulele Player. the others will all have reviews written for them as future issues are released. You will also see some other baritone reviews coming.

Ohana ukuleles are great performers. They sound wonderful and are a great value.

BTW... we are reviewing and giving away several more Kala ukes in coming issues, including a solid mahogany soprano, a spalted maple with spruce top, and some more tenors.

Last edited:
I am contemplating an ohana sopranino, not quite sure I would get enough play out of it to justify buying though, decisions, decisions...

I think if I tuned it anything other than C it would just confuse me.

I just started selling the Ohana line and I must say , great instruments.Well made and fun to play. I enjoy the little sopranino, it makes me feel like a big man.(HAAA) They stand behind their products and they inspect each uke before its shipped to us dealers. Bravo to the Ohana players out there!

i own a vita. i fell in love with the sound, though, i'm thinking of going through some new strings (i have some blackline fluoro waiting) to tone down the brightness. still a great player.

Just ordered the sopranino so I soon will be an ohana user too! Pretty excited about it!:nana::nana::nana:

Top Bottom