PDA

View Full Version : New ukulele sounds weird

Caroluke
08-01-2014, 07:39 AM
Hi! So I just recently bought a ukulele online and I've tuned it but it doesn't sound like other ukuleles. It doesn't sound as light or delicate as other do. I'm thinking it could be the strings. What do you guys think? Also this is my first time ever playing the ukulele, maybe that has something to do with it

Coconut Willie
08-01-2014, 07:47 AM
Welcome to the UU and congratulations on your first uke!! Could be the strings as different strings produce brighter sounds. Also, the material of the uke also produces different sounds.

Rllink
08-01-2014, 07:48 AM
Hi! So I just recently bought a ukulele online and I've tuned it but it doesn't sound like other ukuleles. It doesn't sound as light or delicate as other do. I'm thinking it could be the strings. What do you guys think? Also this is my first time ever playing the ukulele, maybe that has something to do with it Are you using an electric tuner? If so, one or more strings might be tuned an octave low. Check it out. We had a similar post just yesterday. There are a few sites, and I'm not sure where it is now, but you can click on a string and it will give you a pitch. That is how I figured out that one of my strings was an octave low.

Caroluke
08-01-2014, 08:53 AM
Are you using an electric tuner? If so, one or more strings might be tuned an octave low. Check it out. We had a similar post just yesterday. There are a few sites, and I'm not sure where it is now, but you can click on a string and it will give you a pitch. That is how I figured out that one of my strings was an octave low.

Thank you! That helped a lot

Rllink
08-01-2014, 09:09 AM
Thank you! That helped a lotGood, I'm glad it worked itself out.

Shorebird
08-01-2014, 09:35 AM
I think Rllink covered it

Ukejenny
08-01-2014, 11:23 AM
Hello and welcome! Glad you got the issue sorted out! What kind of ukulele did you get? Ukulele Underground is a great place to get information and playing tips!

Nickie
08-01-2014, 12:03 PM
Congratulations! I hope your uke sounds like you want it to. It seemed to take forever to get mine sounding right. I think it was me, not the uke, ha!

Yooke
08-01-2014, 12:32 PM
Did you buy a baritone?