Pono Pro Classic Price Adjustment Issue

AndrewKuker

Reaction score
I am writing this here and will send emails as well within a few days, but I wanted to preemptively address this issue. My dad runs Ko'olua and Pono Ukulele. I do not. I run a music store that buys Pono, just like any other music store (dealer). Until recently, the Pro Classic line was discounted less to dealers and thus not allowed to be discounted online. Pono has just changed that and has given the dealer the ability to discount 20% online. Same products now cost us less, and our customers less. Quite a bit less. So, if you purchased a Pro Classic from HMS in 2014 we will issue you a store credit for the difference in price change. Email me for more info. Not trying to promote anything here, just addressing an issue that might be of interest/ benefit to you. Mahalo

That's crazy! 7 months has already passed and you're willing to give those who bought in January a discount! What if they already sold the uke? This is why someone should buy from HMS!!

Yeah I already noticed Andrew because I'm hot for a hog pro classic. If I have anything coming back from my recent purchase you can credit me on the purchase I plan on making on Monday. This is why I told you in my recent email that doing business with someone like you is like a magnet for me. It's a business model that seems to almost have disappeared in this day and age. I'm determined to give you my business whenever possible. Thank you.

You have always been, and remain so, Andrew, an honest person and a kind human being. That is truly an Aloha spirit

Ice, there's your hog Pono, the slotted head model with gold tuners! Nab it, it's a beaut!

Yeah, I saw it was discounted a day or so ago and couldn't believe it. I was about to spring for the MTDX but was going to miss that radiused fretboard. The timing couldn't be better.:shaka: Usually my timing goes the other way. :p

This is the kind of business practice that makes it very difficult to shop anywhere else on line or in Hawaii. In fact, impossible!

I picked up the hog pro classic last night and I think I got the last one as they are now out. Same for the acacia when my gf tried to get one. She instead got the cedar with acacia side and back in cutaway. I'll guess all the discounted ones will be out of stock very soon. More to come though I'm sure.

"Issue"? I guess I don't see an issue (other than I just bought a Koaloha Tenor from HMS :) ). This is a great deal and an even more amazing offer to cover the price for seven months. Normally 30 days is about it. Kudos to HMS.

I picked up the hog pro classic last night and I think I got the last one as they are now out. Same for the acacia when my gf tried to get one. She instead got the cedar with acacia side and back in cutaway. I'll guess all the discounted ones will be out of stock very soon. More to come though I'm sure.
Line up all your Ponos--you and your gf--and snap a family portrait for us, Ice. I'd love to see them all lined up like obedient little children standing in a row.

Last edited:
I guess I should. There are four pro classics. Her's are cutaway and mine aren't. Her's is at the luthier getting the action adjusted. She bought it used and it's buzzing due to very low action at the nut. Thanks for cheering us on through all this.

BTW we stopped in at the music store next to the luthier and they had a tenor Kamaka and I finally got to hold and play one. (another dream realized) It was surely nice and rang so sweet picked way up the neck. However considering the price tag and the sound I felt totally vindicated in choosing my Pono's. After my rebate from the first purchase this this hog pro classic cost me under $600.

Last edited:
However considering the price tag and the sound I felt totally vindicated in choosing my Pono's. After my rebate from the first purchase this this hog pro classic cost me under $600.

Okay, now you're just rubbing it in. :D

Did you know, if you buy five Ponos in one year, Mr. Kitakis, Sr. will give you a personal tour of the overseas Pono factory, where the Pono employees will carry you on a mobile throne like Cleopatra. Or so I've heard. :cool: you're one away.

Did you know, if you buy five Ponos in one year, Mr. Kitakis, Sr. will give you a personal tour of the overseas Pono factory, where the Pono employees will carry you on a mobile throne like Cleopatra. Or so I've heard. :cool: you're one away.

What do you get for having more than one Ko'olau?

Yeah, I'm bragging about something that says nothing whatsoever about me. It's plain silly I know. I'm like a kid that got a new bike saying "hey everyone, look at me". I can't help it though, I'm just excited to be part of a world that I've looked at longingly all my life. The world of the musician. I truly love music and have always wished I could play like all my rock/folk heros. I just never thought I'd get even this far and was afraid to try until I got old and didn't have so much fear of failure and a image of excellence to uphold to the world. Getting old will do that, you get dragged off your high horse and that's not all bad by any means.

But the fact is I'm not very talented so all I can do is sort of hold up a pretty uke and play my few chords and just be glad i'm in the door. And I am. I really do love being here with all of you musicians of all talent levels. I go over to the videos and I watch some of you play:worship: and I'm just really really glad I get to be here on any level. I just think it's so cool, lol. So my little collection of Pono's and whatever says nothing really about the qualities I have as a player. But somehow in my mind that gives me membership to the "serious" musicians club.

OK my little secrets out. :cheers:

I second CK1 in wanting to see the family photo of all your ukes lined up. Then do one of all your Ponos, email it to Andrew ( you must have him on speed dial by now) and ask him to forward it to his dad. Those the make and sell stuff don't get nearly enough fan mail, usually just complaints.

I don't own any Ponos..............yet. A friend has a cedar / macassar ebony and a cedar / rosewood, the ebony is low G and rose is high G. They are fabulous instruments.

Top Bottom