Season 129 - Theme Week!

Markwo

Reaction score

Week 129 - Theme Week!

For this week, your mission -should you choose to accept it -is to record a song that you would choose to be your theme song. It will probably be a song that you already know and love. It should represent your personality, your life, an aspect of it, whatever. -Here's an example: my brother-in-law works all of the time and he chose 'Takin Care of Business' for his theme song. If you can't think of an existing song that seems to fit, you can write your own. Have fun with this and don't overthink it.

Here are your guidelines:

- one entry will be allowed for your personal Theme song. (Only people with multiple personalities would need more than one Theme song!)

-When u post on the forum include in the description why you chose that song. Maybe we will learn a little more about each other.

-your song must be newly recorded for this Season.

- multi tracking is fine - go crazy - or don't - it's your song.

- your face must be shown in the video......Just kidding Birdseye! Enjoy your anonymity.

*Bonus Entries*- if you're like me and you are obsessed and enjoy doing multiple videos each week, you may perform TV show theme songs for bonuses -no limits.

Prizes - my personal favorite video will win a new set of ukulele strings. Also one randomly chosen person will get strings as well!

Now get to work and have fun!

PLAYLIST

Bonus Playlist - TV Themes

Last edited:
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dude you totally got me there for a nanosecond!!!! i just had time to be totally :eek: before i was plunged into massive :biglaugh:

so.. basically... :bowdown:

what a completely and utterly fabulous theme! i love it!

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with this week. This will be soooo much fun:D

Nice ideas Mark!

Great Theme!

Yes! Love the theme! Definitely know my theme song (I have two...need to pick one). I've watched a ton of videos that this group has put out...it will definitely be interesting to see what everybody comes up with!

Last edited:
hmmm. definitely need help finding tv themes that have chords labeled somewhere online. I can't read guitar tab to do a fingerpicking one.
there is a great website called chordify - if you can find a vid link eg youtube to the song you want, you paste the link into the chordify page, and it works out some chords for you

i say some chords, rather than THE chords, because usually you have to do a little bit of work - often simplifying down. a lot songs have repeating patterns of three or four chords that loop all the way through, or a pattern for verses and something a little bit different for the chorus. so if you see repeating patterns in the chordify chord chart, jot them down, simplify them down, and see if you can make it work for you. you could try it with a song you already know the chords for, so you can see how what chordify comes up with, relates to what you already know works for that song, to get a feel for how it all works

when i first tried chordify i found it very frustrating, because the chords didn't seem to make sense, but people here on the seasons explained to me that the chords it comes up, are something you can use as a starting point, as a clue, to what really works. there is rarely one perfect right answer anyway, even when you can find the chords online for a song, you can often get away with simplifying them down a bit, well, i try to anyway!!!!

blah i'll shut up now!

Last edited:
that is really great to know about for sure. bookmarked. I am so excited for this website. It is tough to find chords for new kids songs in my limited experience. Should be a great help to finally figuring out yo gabba gabba's party in my tummy. haha

that is really great to know about for sure. bookmarked. I am so excited for this website. It is tough to find chords for new kids songs in my limited experience. Should be a great help to finally figuring out yo gabba gabba's party in my tummy. haha

Hey buddy - Here are a couple more...

Doctor Uke - this is a great website because he gives you the song sheets and a lot of the songs have audio files attached to them so you can play along.

Chordie - this is another great website. Thousands of songs and the nice thing is that for most of the songs you can change the tuning from guitar to ukulele so the chords show up correctly. You can also change the key of the song and it will adjust the chords for you.

Ultimate Guitar - I use this one quite a bit as well.

k had one and now found a second thanks to your Dr uke link. I am normally a fan of chordie but was too many guitar melody lines for this search. That is my go to site for song sheets.

hmmm. definitely need help finding tv themes that have chords labeled somewhere online. I can't read guitar tab to do a fingerpicking one.

Also check out Riff Station you get a months free trial its amazing you can load up a cd or music from your computer and it works out the chords. It shows the guitar shapes for the chords but you just play uke chords.if you purchase the full product I believe you can set it up for ukulele.but the free trial is definitely worth a look.

My Theme Song. An original.
I am someone who will avoid hard work if possible and I certainly spend a lot of time playing ukulele.
I know some will argue that I play blues type music quite often but by playing the blues you can sort of sing them out of your system.

I am someone who will avoid hard work if possible and I certainly spend a lot of time playing ukulele.
I know some will argue that I play blues type music quite often but by playing the blues you can sort of sing them out of your system.

Nice song Brian. BUT................Sitting in the sun in a JUMPER? :wtf: Has being beaten in the Commonwealth Games medals table by England sent a cold shiver down your spine? :)

Why this video? We need to be there for each other. Don't go out of our way to hurt someone but out of our way to love on them. Life is too short. If I need help, I am asking for it. If you need help, and you ask me you can bet that I will give it everything I got. My wife and I have been foster parents for over 20 years and have spent a lot of time being leaned on but also spent a lot of time leaning.

Why this video? We need to be there for each other. Don't go out of our way to hurt someone but out of our way to love on them. Life is too short. If I need help, I am asking for it. If you need help, and you ask me you can bet that I will give it everything I got. My wife and I have been foster parents for over 20 years and have spent a lot of time being leaned on but also spent a lot of time leaning.

This is a beautiful song choice, BigDaddy, and I'm glad to know more about you.

Thank you, Mark, for this very interesting theme. I know who I am, but I don't know what one song encapsulates that.

This is an original I wrote for season 129, which is heavily based on the Dutch Lyrics of Gewone man by Pisa (a TV show that we had in the Netherland). Basically they where looking for the average man, and could not really find him. I think that is what these lyrics also say, that even though there are a lot of people that have similar lives, we all are unique ;).
I came to those lyrics by asking my wife what song would describe me, she came up with the Pisa song, which I then took as a bases for my theme song. By the way size 44 is a Dutch shoe size I'm not really sure how it relates to other countries shoe sizes but wikipedia probably had the answer if you really want to know.
Lyrics are here:
http://www.vanommen.net/Ordinary_man.pdf

Last edited:
this is my theme tune, it's also the real theme tune to a kid's tv series, made in france in the sixties, and shown in the UK, dubbed into english, when i was a kid in the seventies

"the flashing blade"

i choose this as my theme tune because i'm always getting into arguments. i think i'm wading in courageously, standing up for what's right, but everyone else thinks i'm just a wrong headed, hot headed, twit. *sigh* i wouldn't mind... but they're right!

the clip is from the intro to the actual show - i am more likely to be on my high horse, than on a real horse, but apart from that, it's all pretty accurate

theme tune to "the flashing blade"

This is just a wonderful song Pa! I couldn't have said it better myself. I think any Seasonista could use this as their theme. I will be learning and playing it soon! Thanks for bringing it!

Top Bottom