Wicked Game by Chris Isaak (ukulele cover)

That's bloody marvellous Mike, loved every word and every note !!

Mike, you did a great job. I dug it. Vocal delivery was excellent and it's not an easy song to sing (does get high)and with such a simple chord pattern, it relies really heavily on the vocals. You gave it the haunting tone and vocal nuances that it needs. Loved it.

So what's the deal with the wives ? When I play Mikes songs my wife always comments, " is that that bloke that looks like Jason Statham" !!!!

You absolutely nail that vocal Mike ! I have tried a couple of Chris Issak tunes but hiis stuff is not in my vocal range. Very enjoyable.

Thanks Campbell. Mxyzptik, I've been messing with falsetto a little bit lately, it's the only way to get those high notes I think. I always felt weird doing it before but thought I would give it a go. Jools and Doug, I've never been mistaken for a famous person before. Maybe it's the sunglasses. Haha.

Hey Mike, that was Great! I saw Chris Isaac a couple of times back in the 80's and you certainly captured the "dreamy" aspect of his songs….even without the background vocals! Great job! You nailed the high notes. I also really like your song selections that you choose to cover (from this and past videos I've viewed). We have similar tastes. Keep it up!

Oh, BTW….care to share the 3 chords?

Last edited:
You wouldn't know you have trouble with high notes....this is amazing. :)

Thanks drewp and Casey, I really appreciate it. The 3 chords are Bm, A, E , it's the same chord structure throughout the whole song. I thought about adding that cool riff but I thought it would be best to keep it bare bones.

Top Bottom