Key of E song recommendations

ohmless

Reaction score
hi all. I am an intermediate player of ten months and want to put my fears to rest and learn some tougher/new chord changes for the Key of E.

Anyone with recommendations on some simpler songs that are in this key? I know it is a toughie and often transposed due to this but I want to be ready eventually if the need arises that I play a standard with others. BTW, I have no problem quickly barring in and out of the E chord. I been playing "Stand" by REM very slowly. The main trouble I am having is to and fro the A chord and the B chord quickly. I know it takes time, just need some song ideas that in your experience will help me develop some proficiency.

thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Transpose what you know to E. At least that way you'll be familiar with the tunes and can focus on mastering the changes.

If you want to play along with a youtube video, I think On The Road Again, by Willie Nelson, is in the key of E.

"Hey, Soul Sister" by Train. It's only 4-chord song, but it's fast. So you can improve by playing the song faster once you've mastered the chord transitions

Transpose what you know to E. At least that way you'll be familiar with the tunes and can focus on mastering the changes.
Yes, but I've seen a tendency for some people to stick with "uke friendly" keys to the point where everything can become boringly similar.

It does take some time to be able to incorporate harder chords. This is also where learning barre and moveable chords comes in handy. There's more than one way to play a chord, and believe it or not, there is a whole 'nother aspect to playing if you can move beyond first position. :)

Top Bottom