Martin Tenor [1957]

Status
Not open for further replies.

strumsilly

Reaction score
I bought this because I've heard so much about how sweet these Martin 12 fret [to the body] tenors are and this one was reasonably priced.
because
1.it has been refinished. the Martin logo has even been sanded off. It still has the Martin hot stamp inside and is obviously a Martin.
2. It has an ugly [repaired ] back crack. It has been cleated and they slopped glue around inside. see pic.
It plays like butter and has that wonderful vintage Martin sound.
I changed out the tuners, I tried everything to get the originals to work, even got new fiber washers from Grover, but they still either slipped, or were too tight. I'll include the originals. I replaced them with Grover open backs, the same ones on Kanilea tenors. they work great.
They did a nice job refinishing, the uke looks nice. It is currently wearing a special Southcoast set with a wound C, reentrant. Dirk sent me these to try, they are not commercially available. I'll put up a sound sample when I get a chance.
$600 shipped, paypal gift preferred . If you want to try it, buy it and keep it for a few days, If not 100% satisfied, send it back, postage on you.
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg6.jpg

Last edited:
I should add that there are strum marks. they are in the finish and they are hard to photograph. I would be suspicious of any vintage uke with no play wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom