Too Drunk To Pluck

redpaul1

Reaction score
the pUKEs debut album "Too Drunk To Pluck" was launched last night. Released on our very own record label, Hoo-Ha Records, there's 12 great tracks, including 5 original songs, containing the very best of punk rock on ukulele anywhere!

Order your physical copies from the pUKEs website:

analogue (vinyl LP)
LP-PACKSHOT_small.jpg
or digital (CD)
CD-PACKSHOT_small.jpg

or download from iTunes, Amazon or Google Play.

Have listen on preview, download/order if you like what you're hearing, and above all, let us know what you think!!

Not exactly my Genre, but.........hey...........I LIKE IT!!!!! A fun listen to a very talented group. Love that bass player too. Makes me want to grab my uke and play along. Good luck with sales.

Thank you Phil! You're obviously a man of taste and refinement. :)
If you do want to jam along, our songbook can be found here: http://thepukes.co.uk/songbook/.

I should have mentioned we can also be found on Spotify, so if you're still wondering what it's all about and whether it's for you, wonder no more!!

Last edited:
I've got my copy firmly glued into the car stereo and bookmarked on Spotify! It's a brilliant driving album... it has the punk aggression mixed with the relaxed vibes of the ukulele. I want to sing along with "Fight Song" when someone cuts me up (a rather excellent original tune incidentally) but I'm too busy smiling and rhythmically tapping the steering wheel :)

Peter and The Test Tube Babies, The Ramones & The Dead Kennedys are all covered here and it's wonderful to see some well thought out song choices rather than churning out the really obvious tracks that feature on every "best of punk" album that's ever sold for £1.99. There are some terrific original tracks too that fit seamlessly into the mix which is a triumph in itself and not easy to do. It shows The Pukes have their own style that shines through any song they turn their hands to. Wickedly tight bass playing too.

Personally I love it, and if punk isn't your thing, have a listen anyway as it's just damn good fun and that's what the uke is all about :)

This is genius. Glad that the links still work.

Top Bottom