White Label Kamaka Soprano -- Needs Some Work, Great Price!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UkeKnowDamnRight

Reaction score
Hello! I am selling a white label Kamaka soprano that is in need of a little love. I bought it a few months ago thinking I would either take it to a luthier or perhaps learn to fix it myself, but am finding that other things are taking me away from my original intention.

The tuners appear to be original. I think the C string tuner may need to be replaced (doesn't hold its tension very well), but this is my first time restringing a uke so it's possible I just restrung it wrong. I put some Living Water strings on it when I got it. There is a part on the lower bout where it looks like a sliver of wood came off and was repaired, a bit sloppily (you can see this in a couple of pics).

I'm no luthier but it seems to me like replacing tuners and fixing the lower bout might be simple(ish) repairs for someone who knows what he or she is doing. I hope someone who is interested in a little bit of restoration might be interested in this uke--I am asking $250 with CONUS shipping included.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need any more information. I have sold a few ukes on UU before so if you want a reference, let me know. :)

Thanks!
Erin

kamaka top.jpgkamaka back.jpgkamaka headstock.jpgkamaka neck.jpgkamaka lower bout.jpg

trim those string ends, HOLYCOW!

Hey Erin. Can you post a pic of the tuner buttons? I have tuners from a 1950 Kamaka that might fit. I might be interested.

.....the C string tuner may need to be replaced (doesn't hold its tension very well), but this is my first time restringing a uke...

Erin,

You can tighten the tension on the tuner using a screwdriver on the lone screw. Have you tried to tighten it? A slight clockwise turn should do it.

I think enough has been said about the strings. They don't interfere with anything as they are. As I said, I am happy to trim them before shipping if the purchaser wants. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom