mmmmmbop was cool but not the worst

smgold101

Reaction score
So i digged all the mmmmmmbop entries. pple did a pretty good job taking a terrible song and attempting and in a lot of cases succeeding in making it cool or at least half way decent. But even though i never thought id be able to say i listened to mmmmmmbop and enjoyed it was made possible, so i got to thinking. What is one of the worst songs of all time? What song may be past the point of no return and impossible to fix? Well the only thing i could think of was possible Crank Dat by soldier boy...there are some youtubed uke versions but eh i dont personally believe that song can be fixed. Thats just my opinion. What do you guys think? and for the love of music for the love of god for the love of humanity. Please, please if you do come across that just plain terrible song please add a bit of sunlight and ukulele to it and share it with us. My ears are sick and tired of hearing crappy songs. And who knows maybe thanks to deach we will never have to listen to crappy songs again becuase they will all be re-born with a ukulele.

yes we can, made in mexico, it's not even music

Tiptoe Through The Tulips.

Dominator did a kick ass version of this as have others.
Sorry, I have such a complete and total aversion to the song that you could do a kick ass version and I'd still think it sucked. (Kind of like when you get food poisoning and you develop a complete and total aversion to whatever kind of food made you sick.)

I feel the same way about "Feelings" after being raised on "The Gong Show."

Sorry, I have such a complete and total aversion to the song that you could do a kick ass version and I'd still think it sucked. (Kind of like when you get food poisoning and you develop a complete and total aversion to whatever kind of food made you sick.)

I feel the same way about "Feelings" after being raised on "The Gong Show."

I thought the same thing until I heard Dom's version. Never say never.

When I try to think of the worst song ever, the Macarena comes to mind. It cannot be fixed either.

This song might not be the worst ever, but it's pretty close in my book.

At least MMMBop had decent lyrics. These are just awful. No one could do a good cover of it for that very reason.

JJ

I'm a slave for you - Britney Spears,.. very baaaaaad!

Even though I always believed that there is no bad music, I have to say that whenever I hear Britney's I'm a slave for you song, I get the creeps. That is my #1 worst song ever!

It messes with me to hear Oingo Boingo then realize that its Danny Elfman... its just mind boggling. oh and i put in another vote for soulja boy being the worst song ever, but i did learn the dance because i thought it would be funny to see a short fat guy doing the souja boy dance...

Oh drat. So early in my UU career to be getting a rep for trolling...

Seriously, I love 'Mmmbop'. I always thought it was such a cool little pop record. I mean, it was done by a bunch of kids, not a group or orchestra with like 20 years experience... Loved it - cheerful, lively, summery.

And I love the 'Macarena' video. Those old guys are creepy (says the 48 year old uke player), but the South Asian girl in the video was gorgeous. Oh, the song sucked, BTW.

As for Sealion Dion... No no no no no no - not even on uke. I'd rather tear off my ears with pliers and plug the holes with epoxy... Oy!

Anything by Chico or the Cheeky Girls. The X-factor has so much to answer for.

Looking at the just huge amount of baaaaaad music from germany I was about to say Modern Talking. but then I over thought it and found two other songs (both singers have been on "Deutschland sucht den Superstar", the "German Idol" which is hosted by Dieter Bohlen... you know that guy from modern talking...)

well here you go:

#1, Daniel Küblböck - You drive me crazy

#2, Alexander Klaws - Take me tonight

I could continue this list till doomsday. German popsingers who don't even know a word english, singing in english = catastrophy!

Top Bottom