FS 1965-ish Silvertone tenor banjo

Status
Not open for further replies.

river_driver

Reaction score
Photo08031156.jpgPhoto08031156_1.jpg
Selling my mid-'60's Kay-built (in Chicago) Silvertone tenor banjo, with original case.

Photo08031156.jpgPhoto08031156_1.jpg

Please note, this is not a tenor-ukulele-scale banjolele. This is a 23 inch scale, steel strung, 4-string banjo. It is tuned linear DGBE (aka "Chicago tuning") so I figure it might appeal to some of the baritone uke enthusiasts out there.

I bought this a few months ago from Jake Wildwood. You can read his complete description of it here:
http://antebelluminstruments.blogspot.com/2014/04/c1965-kay-made-silvertone-resonator.html
Condition is as it was when I bought it, except the strings are grungier now!

$175 shipped, US only please, payment by Paypal. now REDUCED TO $160 shipped (Oct. 5)

Last edited:
Good deal. Jake does fantastic work

It's a great strummer (which incidentally is the extent of my banjar skills). I'm a bit torn about selling this actually, as I'm a geek for all things Silvertone, and it is a nice player. But I think banjo will never be more than an idle diversion for me, and I'm trying to focus my energies on uke (and to a lesser extent, guitar). So I think I'd rather have it go to someone who will play the heck out of it, rather than me only playing it for 20 minutes a month.

BTW there is a sound sample in the Antebellum link, but apparently it doesn't show up in some browsers.

Thanks for the bump, Igor!

Haven't bumped this in a while. Must be time.

Edit to add: I just noticed the original pictures I posted have gone off into the ether. I will have to look for them and repost them to prove I really do have the banjo in my possession; but JW's pics are much, MUCH better than mine (as is his description of the instrument).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom