Did I mention

Icelander53

Reaction score
how much I appreciate all of you and all the help you've given me? You've really helped me more than you know. Thanks. :music::love:

All part of the service...

I've learned a lot on this site too. Soak it in, but have some skepticism. Put the knowledge together as you figure out who knows their shizz and who doesn't. Most of us are doing the best we can, but still...

Completely unintentional. Please forget everything I've said.

All part of the service...

I've learned a lot on this site too. Soak it in, but have some skepticism. Put the knowledge together as you figure out who knows their shizz and who doesn't. Most of us are doing the best we can, but still...

Oh I assumed that going in. I am dealing with humans you know and I am in my 60s. Still this place is pretty sweet and I've gotten a ton of ideas to try out here. And folk here are good natured and helpful for the most part. I've mentioned before that I come from 9 years on a philosophy psychology and sociology debate forum and let me tell you it's another world altogether . And I'm a totally different animal over there.

Last edited:
Oh I assumed that going in. I am dealing with humans you know and I am in my 60s. Still this place is pretty sweet and I've gotten a ton of ideas to try out here. And folk here are good natured and helpful for the most part. I've mentioned before that I come from 9 years on a philosophy psychology and sociology debate forum and let me tell you it's another world altogether . And I'm a totally different animal over there.

i would need a tall pair of rubber boots to wade through that particular forum. talk about people who couldn't find their butt with both hands.

how much I appreciate all of you and all the help you've given me? You've really helped me more than you know. Thanks. :music::love:

Right back at ya brother!

:agree:

I lurked for 3 months before joining UU back in April 2013, and got SO much help and guidance, and I think I have learned more from folks here, than I did in all my other previous musical endeavors in my life.

I've always felt that a sense of 'paying it forwards', was in play, as in, somebody helped to guide me when I was lost, or teach me when I needed it, or show me how to relax and stop thinking about it too much, and therefore, it's important to me to pass on anything I can, to those who might ask.

I seek nothing in return for myself, but hope that the 'pay-it-forwards' ethos would continue on to the next person, and they would continue to help the ones that come after them, and so on and so forth.

This is kind of my haole (and admittedly ignorant) understanding of the Aloha Spirit as it exists here on UU.

Careful now! If we throw our arms out of joint slapping ourselves on the back, we won't be able to play our Ukuleles.

i would need a tall pair of rubber boots to wade through that particular forum. talk about people who couldn't find their butt with both hands.

Well yes and no. In their defense (and mine I guess) the humor over there goes way beyond what is practiced over here. The sense of tragic irony is almost too much at times. And they have smileys that put this place to shame by miles and miles. It's a topnotch site in many ways and the traffic is enormous if you like to gab and hang with your homies and adversaries.

Thanks for posting this Ice! I for one appreciate your candid, honest, posts. I've watched you progress with your playing knowledge and go thru UAS like the rest of us, and I must say, you are a trooper! Stick with us, and keep strummin'.

Hey thanks. I'm not planning on leaving anytime soon. I still have empty space in the humidity closet. btw I finally got my hands on a Kamaka tenor to play. It was really light weight. Picking notes way up the neck was crystal clear and clean, however I like the pono necks better for my big hands and compared the Pono sound wise is not too shabby at just over half the price. It was a little thrill to finally play one. I might have to have one one day when I grow up and my allowance gets increased.

I have to echo this sentiment! Most everything I have learned about the ukulele I learned here. I took several days, or maybe it was a while week, and went back through the archives for "Uke Talk" from the first page all the way to the present. That was a LOT of reading! I read about various books, ukulele styles, players (and watched a lot of YouTube videos of these people), ukulele straps, amplification, and all manner of ukulele talk. I purchased a nice pile of books as per recommendations here for the styles I am interested in, found out about Jim DeVille and his play by ear videos, which also led me to a strumming video product that he recommended (Hear The Strum).

So I have a lot to work with for a long time to come, thanks to those in the forums who have so freely provided their opinions and observations and recommendations.

Thanks,

Tony

Top Bottom