19 mos. later, evidence of my UAS - l@@k inside!

Booli

Reaction score
Hi There fellow UU friends! :)

Since I have not done any NUD posts, I thought I'd just put it all here.

These are listed in chronological order of acquisition.

Questions, comments, all welcome...what say you, UU?

x8BxPgQ.png

if the picture does not show above this text, then please try this direct link:

http://i.imgur.com/x8BxPgQ.png

Aaaah, my dear brother Booli

It doth concern my person somewhat that after one being stricken with the aforesaid UAS virus, one only has aggregated a number approximating 13 instruments in 19 months. By my imprecise calculus meanderings, I believe this to be less than one instrument a month. Forsooth, methinks upon reflection that thine own self is still a long way behind renowned, mythical Legends of UAS.

For further advice on how to increase ones lust - nay, libido if you prefer - for ukulele acquisition, please contact my dearest friend and colleague mm stan. Conversely I may be contacted in my rooms for appointments at a time suitable to us both.

I do feel confident that, in due passage of Father Time, you may indeed be classified with the Greats. Yet thine journey will striketh much hardship, toil, suffering and imperative belt loosening, relationships may be forsaken, tin cans may be kicked down lonely gutters. But fear not dear friend, one may always comfort ones self in the sound and hard won privilege of owning more ukuleles than any other homeless soul.

Until we speak again my brother in Acquisition, loosen all your G strings, take two aspirin and call me in the morning.

As ever, I remain, always

your (friendly) doctor,

Eugene.

Ha HA :D You made me LOL.

Thanks for the reply. It's so true that the stimulus of this UAS virus is the positive reinforcement that each of us give to the other, here on the forum, and then when we finally retire to our room, and reward ourselves with ukulele music time, the joy become ubiquitous and omnipotent. It seems that the 'cure' for UAS, is to just keep feeding it, until you can not. Then sell them all, and start over again.

I am not at the selling point yet, I am still investigating all the options if you will.

In my future, I hope to own a Martin, Kamaka, Gibson, Mya-Moe, Tiny Tenor, and a few others, but I know I will always find some new thing that draws either my eye or my ear.

Funny thing is that over a 14 day period, all of those instruments that I listed will get played for at least a few hours. It's important to me to have the dexterity to play on the small scale, as well as the longer scale, and each one gives a different pleasure.

If I miss a day of playing ukulele, I become sad, like something important is missing, like I forgot to eat, and sometimes it feels like I forgot to breathe if I cannot play at least a few mins before bedtime.

A few select friends have been invited to observe the spectacle of my collection and let me entertain them, but so far none can understand the addiction and it's need for SO MANY ukulele's, and they all think that I have a serious problem and need help.

I tell them that I am neither unique nor alone with this affliction and there is a 'support' group online called UU, both the forums and Aldrine's video lessons and it all helps to nurture and intensify this obsession for music with the humble ukulele.

I would not trade this experience for anything in the world right now.

Doctor Eugene, thank you for your consultation, and also for sharing this journey with me. :)

-Booli

Aaaah, my dear brother Booli

It doth concern my person somewhat that after one being stricken with the aforesaid UAS virus, one only has aggregated a number approximating 13 instruments in 19 months. By my imprecise calculus meanderings, I believe this to be less than one instrument a month. Forsooth, methinks upon reflection that thine own self is still a long way behind renowned, mythical Legends of UAS.

For further advice on how to increase ones lust - nay, libido if you prefer - for ukulele acquisition, please contact my dearest friend and colleague mm stan. Conversely I may be contacted in my rooms for appointments at a time suitable to us both.

I do feel confident that, in due passage of Father Time, you may indeed be classified with the Greats. Yet thine journey will striketh much hardship, toil, suffering and imperative belt loosening, relationships may be forsaken, tin cans may be kicked down lonely gutters. But fear not dear friend, one may always comfort ones self in the sound and hard won privilege of owning more ukuleles than any other homeless soul.

Until we speak again my brother in Acquisition, loosen all your G strings, take two aspirin and call me in the morning.

As ever, I remain, always

your (friendly) doctor,

Eugene.

HAHAHA! This is hilarious. I think I need the same prescription.

Seems less like a support group than a group of enablers.... :)

and there is a 'support' group online called UU, both the forums and Aldrine's video lessons and it all helps to nurture and intensify this obsession for music with the humble ukulele

could it be two different sides of the same coin perhaps?

in any event, You guys are GREAT!

Last edited:
where's the pic's? It ain't real without pic's!

Top Bottom