Hammerfinger

JJFN

Reaction score
Trigger Finger

I have trigger finger in my left middle finger. Had a couple of shots, they worked for a few weeks then it came back. When playing I warm up with scales, steps etc and I can play reasonably pain free with adequate movement. Has anyone out there had the surgery to cure this condition? Has it helped? How long was your recovery? Thanx in advance for your help.

Last edited:
I've had two surgeries, one on a finger years ago and one this July on my thumb. I have to travel for such surgeries, and both times things got to the point that pain was an issue before I flew north for the surgery.. I don't recall how much downtime followed the first surgery but with the recent thumb surgery the stitches were removed after twelve days and I immediately started playing ukulele, and have gradually gotten back to guitars. It's been 3 weeks now and I think I'm at 90% or so.

I really, really helped. The finger is 100%. The thumb is complicated by arthritis in the joint. but the trigger issue is gone completely and only needs a little stretching and strengthening. That's my experience and of course, ymmv.

Thank you donalley. I'm trying to put off the surgery for as long as I can. I'm finding the more I play the less is hurts. I guess there is only one solution, play more!!

Top Bottom